morning grrrrrr

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
A few years ago our stone wall was hit by a drunk. I called every mason I could find. I got one estimate, and 3 masons stood me up. The insurance company called and said I need 2 more estimates. I got mad and told him my story and the wasa bit insistent. I told him that he should do HIS job and get an estimate. And he did.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy to hear you are seeing some action on your claim. Our last house had the range and dryer outlets on floor also, maybe that was the norm in older houses. One thing I know about insurance adjusters and claim reps is you have to stay on top of them to get things done. I think they may overload them with work and it hard for them to keep up with everything. Squeaky wheel and all of that, you know what I’m saying.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
When hurricane Ike dropped a hundred year old oak tree on our house, a branch hung up in another tree, which kept it from totally crushing our house. Tree companies wanted upward of $2500 to finish taking it down. Insurance adjuster wasn’t even in the schedule. I called my agent complaining loudly and letting him know there was a chance of further damage if we didn’t get the tree down.

A friend at work knew a logger who wasn’t working at the moment and he said he’d come take a look. On my way home, the insurance agent called, I told him I had a logger coming over, just then my phone beeped, I said, That’s him calling now! Hung up on agent. I can only imagine what was going through his mind. LOL

Two loggers, 1 chainsaw, 5 chains and us to stop traffic in the street, and they yanked that tree down. Then they went around the yard trimming up the hurricane damage. They only wanted $150!! We gave them $200 and they were happy. That afternoon an insurance adjuster called me and set an appointment. Haha I think me calling in a logger scared my agent into quick action.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
the crew got here at 8am sharp and ripped the kitchen apart.. we had only 3 spots with mold, now we have turbo fans and dehumidifiers...
damn it's loud in here, told the dw we will be unplugging all of them at night......
IMG_2550[1].JPG
IMG_2551[1].JPG
IMG_2552[1].JPG
IMG_2553[1].JPG

all we have is a stove,fridge and freezer........
underneath they removed all the damaged insulation and poked a couple hole in that side duct work, here i thought i got all the water out....nope.... we are on the way to normalcy

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
When our house flooded I went straight to Lowes and bought a dehumidifier for $250 and plugged it in. It did a good job of drying things up. I moved it from room to room. When the insurance adjuster showed up, he liked it that we did that.