Moved Outside

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am not a house plant person. Every fall I do bring in 2 Lemon trees, 1 lime tree and 1 pomegranate tree. All winter they are lucky if watered. Today I decided spring is here no matter temperature ( wet and cold) I felt like mother bird pushing babies out of nest. Now except for Martha's orchid which will be mailed to @murphysranch No indoor plants. :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:weee:weee:weee:weee:clap:clap:clap:ya:ya:ya:woot:woot

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The House Plant Fungus Gnat Plague has now abated!

Thankfully! I imagine that they just ran their normal soil life course and the last of them have died on the sticky traps.

Never again will that be the sole remedy. I don't care if DW is comfortable with those ugly traps, or not. (I see that in one pot she has 3 traps, probably because they fit easily :rolleyes:. The neighboring plant is bushy and has none.)

We may continue to have sticky traps but I am getting some of that mosquito Bt next time. I see that they now have packets with granules for house plants. Yep, if the gnats come in as larva in the soil, maybe the Bt can stop the pests while they are still chewing on roots and long before they take wing.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
be ready to cover them, we have cold nights coming for the next few, i hope they don't get over that far... after that, we're clear on frosts for a while... *crosses fingers, toes, etc...*

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you thank you thank you. Now I can live vicariously thru you and your friendship with Ms. Martha!!
If you can get it to live you can tell people its provenance is Martha Stewart Mailing out this afternoon I close at 12 Sat so plenty of time to get to post office Good Luck

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Any leaves left on it ?

It had about 5 remaining at it's lowest point last winter, but regrouped as spring got closer (and I put it on my seed starting heat mat with the seedlings for awhile). It's now leafed out but the leaves are showing veins so it needs something. I just picked up some Espoma Citrus-Tone yesterday to give it a good feeding.

Latest posts