Moving Iris's

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Me, too, @thistlebloom, that's how I cut them for transplanting. Of course I usually move them after they have bloomed. Mine are just starting to flower and look so lovely.
Iris - standard purple.JPG

What I consider the standard purple and yellow are always first to flower.
Iris - standard yellow.JPG

Then the bigger, named iris start appearing like my favorite in baby blue.
Baby-blue iris 2.JPG

Iris - dark blue:purple.JPG

In purple/blue
Iris- harvest of memories.JPG

In yellow like these Harvest of Memories.
Iris - pink.JPG

These are the only colors in bloom so far, but they seem to flower in order each year, ie. once the pink are gone, the copper ones will pop out. Once the standards are done, the bi-colored and large purples show up. There is so much excitement yet to come in the iris bed.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stunning Iris @Smart Red , I only have yellow and purple right now. Some where over the years I have lost a copper and a blue&white.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
We may need to talk later. My iris bed is one of my multi-year disasters. It needs serious dividing and cleaning up with plenty of tubers that just won't fit the proper area. Right now I have little idea where the different colors are other than the pink and standard purple.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We may need to talk later. My iris bed is one of my multi-year disasters. It needs serious dividing and cleaning up with plenty of tubers that just won't fit the proper area. Right now I have little idea where the different colors are other than the pink and standard purple.
:popLet me know. I'd love a few more iris. :love
Oh and the bleeding hearts are doing fine and 3 of them are BLOOMING! :celebrateThank You so much. :hugs

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did I mention that Son (et. al.) gave me a white bleeding heart for Mother's Day? He knows me well and I'm sure I didn't hint more than a few times.

Now there are only three bleeding hearts on my wish list -- a white fern leaf to replace the one I lost, a deep almost wine flower (with a white edge), and a vivid red rather than the pinks I already have.

I am practicing restraint. I want to get my current flower gardens more presentable instead of adding to the chaos.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smart Red last summer my son and his soon to be Ex. planted bleeding hearts along some steps. I noticed them blooming last week. They appear to be a yellow leaf with RED bloom. Since he could care less about blooming plants I may have to rescue them ;) Once I get them established I would be happy to share. :D

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smart Red last summer my son and his soon to be Ex. planted bleeding hearts along some steps. I noticed them blooming last week. They appear to be a yellow leaf with RED bloom. Since he could care less about blooming plants I may have to rescue them ;) Once I get them established I would be happy to share. :D
Yes, please!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love bleeding hearts so simple and easy. No work, come back each year better and better.

They do when no one tramples and hoes them repeatedly. That's how I lost my two white ones. The guy is precious and the plants are replaceable. I have to be pretty careful where I put some plants. Until they get bigger than his hoe, he finds them hard to remember.

Latest posts