Mulch, Mulch, Mulch

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I tell you what, I saw a mulch miracle the other day. My cold frame has lettuce in it right now and it was doing okay but very slow growing. Sometimes the leaves were kind of limp, although I water well and the soil is very high grade potting soil. The other day I got the bright idea to mulch with fresh grass clippings. The next day my lettuce was darker green, no longer limp, had grown about 2 inches, the red lettuce was a deeper red, the carrots which had been about 2 in. tall sprung to about 4 in. tall. Can all that happen in one day? If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it! And it continues....I looked today and it doesn't even look like the same plot! :)

akyramoto

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I tell you what, I saw a mulch miracle the other day. My cold frame has lettuce in it right now and it was doing okay but very slow growing. Sometimes the leaves were kind of limp, although I water well and the soil is very high grade potting soil. The other day I got the bright idea to mulch with fresh grass clippings. The next day my lettuce was darker green, no longer limp, had grown about 2 inches, the red lettuce was a deeper red, the carrots which had been about 2 in. tall sprung to about 4 in. tall. Can all that happen in one day? If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it! And it continues....I looked today and it doesn't even look like the same plot! :)
i wish I could do that, my grass clippings have tons of foxtails in them :(