Mutigrafted, bare root , semi- dwarf trees

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
For those of you looking for a fruit tree for the just right place and price... I purchaced a multigrafted ( Bing, Sweetheart, Raineer, Lapin, and Benton ) , semi-dwarf cherry tree ( @ 4 foot tall including grafts @ 1' long and 1/4" caliper and @ 3/4" caliper rootstock ) from Costco last night for $15.99. It appears to be very healthy with green buds starting to swell. Costco also has mutigrafted semi- dwarf apple, plum, and peach trees for the same price too. The local nurceries as well as the big box stores have similar grafted trees for $40- $50. :tools

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i don't think we have a CostCo up here anymore. and they probably don't have the plants here yet. still a little to chilly for plants to be carried at our stores. but i'll keep my eyes open at our local BJ Club!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haven't been to our Costco lately but they always just carried standard size trees. Too bad I already have all of mine. :(

Mary

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i did find a decent deal on Pink Lady apples though Rain Tree nursery! if you ordered 5 or more Pink Lady trees they were $10 each. the shipping was a little crazy but it still was a good deal since i can find only one other company that carries them and last year they ran out after i had already put in my order. i got 6 trees, 4 i'm keeping for my self while i'm going to give 2 to my sister who also loves them! now i just have to get the pollinator apple to go with hers. :D

i'd really love to find a decent deal on peach trees and a few pears.

Latest posts