My 2012 Green Bean Garden-2013-post #48

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are getting quite a few beans now! They were a little slower to produce this year than last year, probably because of the late frosts and weird weather. They grow so fast that there is always some that hide in all that foliage and I don't find them until they start turning yellow. I have promised seed to The1honeycomb. Hey! Your seed is growing now! It is the lumpy long yellowish pod on the right! Plus, there are several more that are truning yellow. When they are dry, The1honeycomb will get a "bean delivery"! :lol:

7949_green_beans_seed_pod.jpg

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, those are some very healthy looking bean plants you've got there. I need to get out there and spray mine, between rains.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Those plants do look great. All of mine have holes in the leaves. Looks suspiciously like hail damage :p

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
MontyJ said:
Those plants do look great. All of mine have holes in the leaves. Looks suspiciously like hail damage :p
Holes in the leaves? :ep Sounds like a one-eyed jackalope has been munching on your garden! :lol:

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
HAHA! I haven't seen a jackalope since I left Texas. They have a very limited range ya know. Hey Bay, does Lone Star still have the giant armadillo commercials on the radio?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
No, haven't heard a Lone Star beer commercial in a long time. While those were running, it was common to see a road killed armadillo rolled on it's back, cradling an empty Lone Star longneck bottle. :lol: Nothing like redneck humor! :gig

We had green beans last night and DH picked another mess of them today that were hiding in all those vines!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got a few requests for seed for these beans. I sent them out today. I am now out of dry seed (pulled some yellowing beans today for the seed) if anyone wants seed, just let me know. :)

These are easy to grow, just plant about 1/2" deep after frost has retired for the season. These beans CLIMB!! They make tons of VINES! Make them a trellis to grow on, but no taller than you want to reach. They run to the top, ball up and fall down, then intertwine with the vines. They will make beans in 2 to 2 1/2 months after planting and will produce until a killing frost kills them dead.

Latest posts