My crazy life :/

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
When school starts next week, I will be on call for work. Sub cook for the local schools. I will not turn down work for her kids. She does not report off work for any reason, so why should I have to? Yeah, I'm hoping that they can get the rest of their electrical work and plumbing done and get moved into their own home soon.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@dewdropsinwv, that's a good plan. Once you give in, it is expected until it feels they are walking all over you.

Help if and when you choose, but don't become the go-to babysitter of first resort unless it is what you and Monty want. (Ahem, the voice of experience speaks.)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Having a fussy baby is so frustrating. You can't send them to their room or the corner at that age, and you can't send them on an errand. And you can't just leave them and lock yourself in the bathroom. :confused:

@so lucky, I am aghast! I can't remember ever thinking of doing any of those things with my babies. Of course, I had two only children and both (PTL) were never sick in a way that made them unconsolably fussy. I just used their 'fussy' as an excuse to sit (or pace) and cuddle while the house (and gardens) fell to ruin around us.

The feelings, however, might arise with other peoples' children. Especially when you just can't send them home.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dew, as much as I adore the Grandsons there are many days I can't wait for their Daddy to pick them up! I was so tired and a bit cranky myself! I guess that is why old people do not have babies! :confused: We help when we can, but we also both work. I can not go into work late. ( I drive a school bus and have to be punctual.) I do have summers free (more or less) and refused to be the FREE sitter all summer while ex-DIL worked.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Carol Dee I am a sub cook for our local school system. I just got the job in may so I will NOT turn down work to take care of the kids. I do love the grand kids, but I still have one of my own that "needs attention" from time to time.

Latest posts