My Dad

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. You all are always so good to pray and encourage. We didn't get a good report today, although he came through the surgery just fine. They think it is a glioblastoma (GBM) and it's a very aggressive cancer. I think my dad knew something was not right for months now, but he worked hard to keep it from us. We thought we were seeing his Parkinson's advance, since many of the symptoms overlapped. As the IV steroid kicked in (before surgery), we saw all of his terrible symptoms just disappear as the swelling in his brain went down. And we were thankful after the surgery that he was still able to speak, since that is the area of the brain they were most concerned about. I can't believe he has to deal with this now too on top of Parkinson's. But God is in control. I know my dad loves God and trusts he will take care of him. He's going to get us through this.

@Gardening with Rabbits , I'm thinking about your husband and family. You're in my prayers as well. How is your husband doing?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's tough news, Journey. :hugs I thank God your dad knows His Savior, for that is to be rejoiced! Will continue to pray for him and your family.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hugs Wasn't on-line yesterday, Journey, so I'm adding my prayers that the doctor's work continues to show improvement as your father recovers from his surgery.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will be praying for you and your Dad. Love him every minute you have with him. Hope everything goes well for him.