My Dad

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh I am so sorry that it has come to this. My heart goes out to you and your sister, but most of all, your Dad. Big hugs.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
My sister and I went over yesterday and talked him into taking his medicine. First thing in the door, he passed out on us and I had to catch him and break his fall (he gets blood pressure drops when he gets up from his chair too fast.) Even lying in the floor, he was resisting any help, but we eventually convinced him to try the steroid since it's only a 7-day predi-pack, and he seemed reassured. The neurologist's office just called me this morning to let me know they have an opening today to get him in sooner. This is the only doctor he likes or will tolerate since he has been with him for the Parkinson's for 17 years. I hope he will admit him. God is good! I got my miracle! I don't think he could have gone on another couple of days. Another miracle yesterday--my brother sat down with us all for the first time in about 6 months and actually seemed to be in his right mind (not on anything) and talked about what's going on with Dad. I pray they reconcile before it is too late. My dad has never seen his baby grandson. Thanks for praying. God is able!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks guys, so very much. We were told the steroid should help and that everything is wait and see for now. They didn't need to admit him, but the doctor did say no more driving at this point. Taking the keys was very hard. He hasn't been depressed up til now, but I'm afraid it will wear on him being stuck at home.