My Dad

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't have him stuck at home, does he live alone?

He has lived alone for 26 years now. I am glad he at least lives right in the middle of town. He'll get out and walk more I figure. My mom's house is close by and they talk a lot, so that will help. He will not be able to get to the farm unless he will let us take him. That he will hate, because he goes every day to see the horse. He lost his wallet yesterday and I hope he finds it soon. He was very upset about that when I left last night. :(

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
A man becomes very attached to their wallet, hope it shows up. My sisters and I are fighting me dad over driving, he did agree to no more night driving :heHas your brother been there to see him yet?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
A man becomes very attached to their wallet, hope it shows up. My sisters and I are fighting me dad over driving, he did agree to no more night driving :heHas your brother been there to see him yet?

Not that I know of... He says a lot of things. Hard to tell if he will actually do. :\

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Many communities have a bus that will pick up the elderly and bring them places they enjoy. It is hard to get most of them to do it, but those that are social heave a great time. Women are plenty men are few.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Things have been going downhill pretty quickly for my dad over the past month. He has edema on that side of his brain is having bad side effects. Saw the neurologist and oncologist today. Both feel the cancer is back. We go for another MRI sometime this week or early next, follow-up with oncologist to see if he wants to do Avastin (stronger chemo), and they called in an order for the daily steroid which should help him communicate better and have less memory loss and confusion. I don't think he will want to do the Avastin. I would not blame him. It is take it a day at a time now, but he won't have long from what I have read.

We also got word this week that my grandpa has lung cancer. He has a biopsy soon to see if it is treatable.

And my brother tried to strangle his girlfriend yesterday and she finally left him, along with the baby. My family can't take much more bad news. :(

I have started no seeds yet, but it is not too late and I am determined to, trying to maintain some fraction of a normal life. Savannah's 5th birthday is tomorrow. We're going to bake cupcakes and have some sort of celebration come hell or high water!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Things have been going downhill pretty quickly for my dad over the past month. He has edema on that side of his brain is having bad side effects. Saw the neurologist and oncologist today. Both feel the cancer is back. We go for another MRI sometime this week or early next, follow-up with oncologist to see if he wants to do Avastin (stronger chemo), and they called in an order for the daily steroid which should help him communicate better and have less memory loss and confusion. I don't think he will want to do the Avastin. I would not blame him. It is take it a day at a time now, but he won't have long from what I have read.

We also got word this week that my grandpa has lung cancer. He has a biopsy soon to see if it is treatable.

And my brother tried to strangle his girlfriend yesterday and she finally left him, along with the baby. My family can't take much more bad news. :(

I have started no seeds yet, but it is not too late and I am determined to, trying to maintain some fraction of a normal life. Savannah's 5th birthday is tomorrow. We're going to bake cupcakes and have some sort of celebration come hell or high water!
:hugs for you :hugsBirthday wishes for Savannah :lovePrayers for all.

Latest posts