My Dad

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hugsBe strong but ok to cry

I have a lot today. It's hard on me when other people cry. I was unable to up until my grandmother, his mom, lost her composure. She is a very strong woman and so pragmatic about it all, like nothing phased her. To see her lose hope and break down was so hard, well over the phone...could not give her a hug, but tried to comfort as best I could. :( He went into the ER on her birthday, of all the most upsetting things.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's it. God's blessings on you, him and the family.

Everyone carries baggage. Everyone falls short of could haves, should haves, would haves.

Express yourself, here and wherever you feel it might help, Journey. Others will read and listen. Understand that people care about you. You are not alone.

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
No word yet on what caused this. He may have had a seizure, even in his sleep, and we didn't know it. They're doing a 24 hour EEG to check for more, but we may never know. It's looking like he'll go to rehab soon as they find a bed.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am sorry it is happening like this. I know what you mean about the immunotherapy and doing so well. DH also was strong and happy on immunotherapy, but it stopped working. The steroids, I just do not understand them. DH has swelling and cannot come off the steroids, but now his feet are swollen and barely get his shoes on. They started to taper again and see what happens. He is not with it mentally. I do not understand because he was not like this when he had a lot more swelling in the beginning and he had a seizure, but there were no changes in mental status from it by the next day. Have they mentioned necrosis from the brain tumor? I guess I will find out more what is happening to DH this month with the next MRI. I used to feel more guilty and always looking and reading for answers but I realized it is not my fault and I am doing my best and I am not sure what is going to happen next. I know how hard this is for you. :hugs

Latest posts