My Dad

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hospice was wonderful with both of my parents and my FIL. Will he be able to have them come to his home and be there. Or do they have a Hospice house there? You have been an amazing daughter.:love I know he knows that too. Bless you heart. Sending BIG hugs. :hugs

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
You have stuck in there when he needed you most, it speaks a lot about your character. My Mil just passed last September after DW gave 24hr care for almost a year. She was very sad about her passing , but she had the comfort of knowing she did everything possible to make her life happy and bearable during end of life struggle. You will also have the same feeling of no regrets about your actions. Praying for you and your father.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
May God's love and grace surround you in this difficult time. I hope your dad gets to stay at his home to the end. It's what he wants and what will give him some peace. I hope that one day my daughters will do everything for me that you have done for your dad. Both of you should be proud. He because of how he raised you and you because of your giving heart and the person you turned out to be. Sending you a hugh hug and wishing I could do something for you. Will continue praying for all of you.

Mary

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I've heard lovely things about hospice. Daddy spent the last month of his life in the hospital and it was miserable for him.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Dad finally gained his wings this Friday, passed peacefully in hospice around 3:30pm. Unfortunately, he didn't wait for us to get there, but that's ok. We joke that he did that to us often in life anyway, took off without telling anyone. He's now free, healed, happy and not suffering anymore.

Here's the pic I chose for the obit. He was such a handsome, sweet fella. It was a casual pic, but I just loved his smile in this one and he was so healthy then.
Dad portrait.jpg

I have such peace about it and no regrets. We had a wonderful relationship and as I went through old pics, I just felt so overwhelmed with happiness thinking about the good times. And I know he's with the Lord, so I don't have to worry about him anymore. It's ok.

My brother has already caused us some problems. I won't get into all, but he wasn't there for Dad at all while he was sick and has done some very wrong things. A couple days before Dad passed, he went over and took the car and few other things, including some guns. I had to call the police on him, filed a report, but didn't press charges...yet. He brought the car back, and disabled it. :\ I felt I had to send him a strong message. Just keep my family in your prayers as the viewing is tomorrow, funeral Tuesday. I am really afraid my brother is going to make a big scene, who knows what drama or trouble. He's capable of most anything. I'm asking God to shut the lion's mouth! So the rest of us can celebrate Dad's life in joy and peace.

Also, I have 9 nice tomato plants I grew from Dad's favorite tomato and I'm going to give a few to certain special family and friends. I wrote up a little piece to go with them, an encouraging analogy to how we are like a seed planted. I'm so glad to have them to share.

Latest posts