My early Christmas present

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
[Edit for @ninnymary : Hey Mary! W bought me a bike for Christmas! I :love it!]

For everybody else:
I bought my husband a Fat tire bike in August for his Christmas present. It was supposed to be a surprise, and he wasn't supposed to actually get it until December 25. But he had been considering getting one himself so I had to beat him to it. Turns out we had been looking at the same bike and reading the same reviews! Anyway, fatty's are built mostly for snowy trail riding which is the main reason dh had been considering one, so he could continue biking through the winter. He is pre diabetic and it's important for him to get a lot of exercise. Once he got the bike he loved it for all his regular trails so that's all he rides now and is anticipating winter snow.

We rode together a couple weeks ago, him on his fatty and me on my regular mtn. bike. He asked if I wanted to try his bike so we switched. I was having so much fun on his he had to tell me to get off and trade back, haha. He wasn't enjoying mine so much.
He suggested that he could get me one for Christmas... well after hemming and hawing around I finally caved in and said sure. -- I am loving that bike!
We rode again last Saturday and I was able to keep up with him on the hills! That hasn't happened in about forever. Half buried softball sized rocks that would have killed a climb on the old rear suspension bike were just floated over on my new fatty. It's responsive and easy to stand and pedal up hill where the old bike was a trick to balance my weight so the front wheel didn't pop up or the rear didn't lose traction. I kept up so well that dh said he's going to have to fix my brakes. 😄
That's a reference to a bike I used to have that was so much work to ride and keep up with anybody on. One day I lifted my bike and spun the back tire and it did about one and a half revolutions before stopping. The rear brake had been dragging all that time. I blame my bike mechanic, aka my dear husband.

Merry Christmas Me!

20191123_105004.jpg My frame is smaller than his, but the wheels are the same size. The phone camera is doesn't do proportions well.
Notice also that dh is a biker rebel, preferring his Carrharts to spandex. Haha.

@ninnymary , my apologies for the gross verbosity. 😁

Last edited:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
And besides, Seed might get some ideas on what to this winter instead of sitting around waiting for us to entertain him. I assume they sell those bikes in Indiana?

I liked the story Thistle. It is good reading. :thumbsup

They are built in Minnesota, they are no problem to ship to Idaho. But I don't really know about Indiana.
Is that still part of the Union?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sure, I understand the tendency to ramble.

Speaking of rambling, if they are available in Idaho, Indiana is only a skip and a jump for @seedcorn across Illinois to Idaho to pick one up.

Oh, wait a moment! That's Iowa that's on the other side of Illinois from Indiana. You know how people East of here get their "I" states mixed up? I guess I caught that from them. Anyway, those eastern US states are so small that most anything is just a skip and a jump.

digitS'

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here we put motors on our bikes..... since our dog needs exercise, I walk so he can keep up. I’m all about the needs of others. 🤪

Glad everyone is enjoying their presents. Yes, I was about to issue another verbal diatribe about lack of interesting posts as I was getting bored.....

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here we put motors on our bikes..... since our dog needs exercise, I walk so he can keep up. I’m all about the needs of others. 🤪

Glad everyone is enjoying their presents. Yes, I was about to issue another verbal diatribe about lack of interesting posts as I was getting bored.....

Then perhaps walk your dogs more often? They'd enjoy that and it could break your boredom.

Latest posts