my little corner

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sigh! Rain, wind, thunder, hail, lightning, tornado warnings here and all around Southern Wisconsin! It is now 18 of 19 days with precipitation. No pool relaxation around here even if there was a pool.

I do have a river running across the back in the gully, though.

Despite our late start in planting, the weather has been perfect for corn and it is waist high or higher in the fields around here. Mine I planted late so there would be no cross pollination so it may be mid-calf high by Friday. With this weather, we should have a bumper crop of everything.

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thinking about getting the garden ready for the fall/late summer crop, but it's sooo hot! Temps in the 90's, heat index 100+. Just walking out to the animals causes a body to be drenched in sweat!

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Back to work today. Hope everyone has a happy 4th! I'll be working through the weekend, everyone stay safe!

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Tomorrow I'm going fishing first thing in the morning, then when I get home, it's time to get the tiller out and get that fall garden planted! NO. EXCUSES!!!!!!!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
How do y'all make yourself do something when you're feeling lazy?

I invite people over for dinner or a party, then go into a panicked cleaning frenzy. :D It works too! LOL

Hey, can't pass up a good day to go fishing. That stuff's important too! Hope you have fun and come home with a full stringer!

Latest posts