my little corner

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The recipe is posted in the harvest ,
recipes. Part.
I won't know how it turns out for a few days, but I'm hoping it'll be really good!

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The sun is out, and everything is looking pretty good. I still think I could plant rice in that low spot. It's about a 5x6 area.

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
So, I put up some pickled eggs, and got sauerkraut working, the starter for sourdough is also working. It'll be ready to use tomorrow. Going to make French bread and plain white bread today. Still have lot's of cabbage to pick, as well as green tomatoes growing like wild! Something has eaten three of my pepper plants though. I haven't seen any bugs, but all that's left is twigs!Forgot to add I'll be planting the potatoes today as well!

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Gonna pull the rest of the cabbages tomorrow, before the slugs eat any more. Also going to pull any leftover beets and hopefully get the summer garden planted.

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Today was off from work, so I picked blackberries, put up blackberry jelly, put up Poolroom slaw, got sauerkraut going (again! ), pickled eggs, did five loads of laundry, washed dishes, made supper (fried catfish) , put rabbit in the crockpot for rabbit stew tomorrow. I have to go back to work tomorrow to get some rest!

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Dill pickles done, bread and butter pickles done, going to get the spiced apple rings finished today and start canning the tomatoes.

Latest posts