My "little" tomato plot update Aug 5, 2011

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
lesa said:
You have birdseed with buckwheat in it?? Do tell...
;)

I use a pigeon grain as a Wild Bird Seed, it has 10 grains and is 13% protein.

Wheat, Milo, Maple Peas, Trapper Peas, Austrian Peas, Buckwheat Corn (whole) White Millet, Oat Groats, and Safflower seed.

From time to time I will add Hemp Seed to this mix and I feed Black Oil Sunflower Seed in a separate feeder.

* I also use this mix as a Scratch Grain for the chickens. *

Chris

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Very nice tomatoes. And for the record I don't like to think about a garden without weeds. It unnatural.

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
HunkieDorie23 said:
Very nice tomatoes. And for the record I don't like to think about a garden without weeds. It unnatural.
Thank you,
I just hate to see weeds in my garden. Its just a peeve of mine. :D

Chris

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thought I would do a quick update.
Well all the Little Yellow Blooms that were on my tomatoes in my last post are now gone and new one are replacing them.

7054_dsc_0141.jpg

7054_dsc_0142.jpg

Chris

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Looks like you will need to hire a crew for harvesting, Chris! You're going to have quite a crop from the looks of those pics!! :ep

Lesa, it's not nice to brag about your tomatoes in front of those of us who are still waiting. . . . . ;)

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
lesa said:
Looking good!! Won't be long now! We had 4 ripe cherry tomatoes last night!!
Not long at all.
I want to get out in the garden after it cools down some and hit it all with some fertilizer and spread some compost but we will see what happens.
Today it is 93 with the heat index at 102, humidity is at 52% and the dew point at 73. Now I know what the inside of my incubator is like. :lol:

Average High: 83F
Average Low: 62F
Record High: 100F
Record Low: 47F

Chris

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those are beauties! They look so good- still waiting here....That plant is really heavy with fruit! Get that canner warmed up!

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
lesa said:
Those are beauties! They look so good- still waiting here....That plant is really heavy with fruit! Get that canner warmed up!
I was surprised that I had that many ready to be picked considering I got them in the ground late (June).
I'm thinking we will be canning our buts off around the end of the month that's about when we are going to be spending the week at the county fair. :rolleyes: it never fail's. :lol:
Well they will be waiting for us when we get back or I will be spending a little longer at the house after I come home to do chores.

Every Roma plant out in the garden is loaded like the one in the picture.

Chris

Latest posts