My New Greenhouse

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well not quite yet!!! I've been following the posts of what others are doing to build their greenhouses, this last week I got serious about doing something. My first thought was to build an 8 X 10 out of pvc and cover it with 6 mil plastic. Upon pricing what I would need I figured at least $250.00 and a lot of thought and agravation to build it this way.
Last July I had seen an ad for Harbor Freight with a 6 X 8 on sale for $350.00 and a 10 X 12 for $700.00. At that time it was just a thought but I did save the ad. Today I drove into St Louis for a sale they were having and inquired about the houses, they had both in stock and on sale!!
I ended up with the 10 X 12 at a sale price of $649.00, but, I also had a 20% off any one item coupon that they deducted from the sale price for a final price of $519.00.
On top of this the young men who loaded it for me picked the best looking packaged one out of the three they had in stock.
I'll try and take some pics as I assemble it.
As of right now it's still in the back of my truck waiting for help to unload.
Don'tcha just love it when a plan comes together!!!
THANX RICH

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi there Rich,

Your a quiet person on the posts; I am glad to see you are getting in deep!

I would love to see your pictures as you are building; it is the building part that I gain more from. Show us the hardware stuff too!

So tell us Rich, where are you from? (can you add a state to your Nametag?)

...OK, now for my proverbial message: :old

"Build it, and they will come"
LOL ....I didn't actually come up with that one myself! :gig

Look forward to seeing all your hard work in action!

Ron

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here's what I got done today.
What it is,
DSCF0560.jpg

Unloading
DSCF0558.jpg

What I wish I had seen before I unloaded the box
DSCF0562.jpg

The three easier to handle sub packages
DSCF0563.jpg

DSCF0564.jpg

This is an example of a little bit of the hardware, these make up the base and each is in it's own plastic sleve with the part number affixed to each item
DSCF0566.jpg

So far everything I've seen is top notch, tomorrow I hope to get the base assembled and squared up.
THANX RICH

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh Boy thats exciting .. good to know im not the only one who gets excited over new toys that you just dont see the 'caution' signs ..
i've seen these offered before .. i cant wait to hear about it ..

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The last 2 days were spent on site preperation. I'm placing this on my deck outside the back door. There were all sorts of pots, plants, potting benches, left over stuff from all sorts of peojects. A few small trees had also been allowed to take up residence around the perimeter and they needed to be removed to allow full sun on the area. Like any other project I ever take on nothing was easy!!!
I did get a few holes drilled in the base to secure it to the deck. Hopefully tomorrow will show some actual construction progress.
THANX RICH

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You must have infinite patience... I would have freaked already!

:ep

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
vfem said:
You must have infinite patience... I would have freaked already!

:ep
Not really patience, I've just learned from past projects that if you don't have the preperation done correctly you probably will have problems!!!
THANX RICH

Latest posts