My New Greenhouse

LVVCHAP

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
mamato3 said:
hubby just bought this today from HF the 10x12 For me so i can seed our own vegetables. I read up on it and and im nervous as to if it will hold up with the spring winds. It a $500 dollar blow if the winds tear it up next spring. Know i need to learn about using a greenhouse. What i can plant and when
Mamato3,
First congrats, I have one the same size and I love it. There is a previous post on this thread from a website that shows some improvements that you can make as you are building. I wish I would have seen it before I built mine, it is easier to do them while you are building it. I still plan to add some of the extra supports and would recommend some of the conduit cross peices that they installed. Good luck with your new greenhouse and don't get discouraged when some things fail, it is all a learning experience.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
mamato3 said:
hubby just bought this today from HF the 10x12 For me so i can seed our own vegetables. I read up on it and and im nervous as to if it will hold up with the spring winds. It a $500 dollar blow if the winds tear it up next spring. Know i need to learn about using a greenhouse. What i can plant and when
The only problem I've had with the wind is if the doors blow open. When that happened it allowed the wind inside and blew some panels out.
Once I devised a way to keep the doors shut I have never had a problem with that again.
I did order some more panel clips from HF to secure everything better.
The web site mentioned does have some other ideas to secure the panels.

THANX RICH

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
lesa said:
Oh, mamato3, I know it is on sale at HF, right now. I am so tempted!!! Jackb says he holds his down with rebar...I would like to know if it is impossible to put up and take down. I would rather only use it early spring, to summer. I don't have a great permanent place for one...Keep us posted on your progress.
I wouldn't say it's impossible to put up and take down, but I wouldn't want to do that very often.
If you'll look back at the begining of this thread you can count how long it took me to assemble this thing. I'm sure that doing it over a few times you could cut down on my time a bunch, but I'll bet it wouldn't be a lot of fun to do each year.
Just storing the glazing panels without damaging any would be a chore.
Not impossible but not a task I'd look forward to.

THANX RICH

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What a wonderful buy and great for the space...Now all I need to do is fix the three greenhouses we have!

Latest posts