My new lettuce gutters!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am happy its only lettuce growing in there... I don't have to wait 2 months for pictures. Fast growing lettuce rocks!!!

Still gotta show this to hubby... but he keeps saying 'no' when I say 'look at this'! HAHAHAHA

lighthawk

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Very innovative idea. May have to steal that one. I have some material similar to gutters but just slightly deeper. Would be handy to attach them to the side of the chicken coop and keep a good supply of lettuce growing all summer to feed me AND the chickens.
Coolest part is no bending for tending.
Just what I need... another project ! :barnie

riverman

Leafing Out
Reaction score
This is an awesome idea with the gutters & lettuce! I have a question though, Would it be bad to use slightly rusty metal gutters? Will the metal leech anything into the soil or will they get to hot with being metal?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Awesome idea!!!!! :thumbsup I love it!! I love it that you garden in the front yard. We do too in beds with red brick walkways between our sidewalk and driveway. It feeds us all year around. (Switches page to Lowes website to check price on gutters..............

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
PW, are you going to put drip hose in them? I really want to do this in one area of my garden. I have some old fence posts in the ground and would love to use the vertical space. I was wondering how to water it as I would have to drag my water hose over every day to water and that would be a pain. Since I'm using drip hose in my beds this year I was trying to think of the best way to incorporate irrigation in the gutters.

BTW, you house is lovely and you have a beautiful "yard". I just wish I had half of your decorative touch.

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It is truly a lovely way to display and grow, lettuce and greens..It balances out the side of your house perfectly!..Your husband did a fine job!

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

sparks

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
So nice..love it and your raised beds to the right of the pic. Very innovative!:tools

Latest posts