My Peas - I finally remembered to plant them! Pics of growth

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I plant at the end of Feb to beginning of March. I just got mine in yesterday, a bit late because of all the cold and late snow. Last year the snap peas did GREAT and grew and produced until June.

This is my first year trying shelling peas... so we'll see how those do.

I did mine in raised beds if that makes any difference?!

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
I probably didn't pay as much attention to this as I should have, but I planted my peas in the same spot where we usually plant all our tomatoes, etc. My careless thought was that the peas would be done by the time I would transplant the veggies into that same spot... I'm wondering now if the peas will still be amply producing and I'll not be inclined to pull them by the time the tomatoes are ready to go in.

insiderart

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have some snow peas to plant. It's supposed to snow here Saturday, so I suppose I'll wait until after that. I'm also concerned about the evil bunnies that ate all my cauliflower and broccoli.. so I'll need to fence off that part of the garden. I'm already mad enough they got the cauliflower and broccoli... don't want them getting any newly sprouted peas too!

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Update on our peas: Growing lots of leaves and we hope we'll start seeing some pods sometime soon:

2_peas-growing.jpg

I'm not inclined to string them up unless someone can give me a really compelling reason to do so. :D

I wasn't really thinking when I planted all these and thought they would be done producing by the time we would plant our Summer veggies... I guess I was wrong. Now I need to find a home for things like tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, etc.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Your peas look good Nifty!! ;)

My peas are just sprouting today, can't wait untill they start growing. You should have your peas grow on a trellis, you'll get more yields that way. Yeah, thats what i was going to do after the peas finish producing i was thinking of planting tomatoes their.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I string mine up because when they clump, you lose site of the peas and miss some while harvesting! I don't like missing precious yummy peas!!!!!!!!

Anyways, they look fabulous, and if you are impatient (as I have been) snip some of those pea shoots (the stringy clingy part of the vine) and through them in fresh salads or stir fries. They taste just like peas and are very enjoyable texture too. I had some in a salad the other day. Freaked out my husband when he saw that. :lol: