My pullets laid their first eggs!

buckie52

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
:lol::thumbsup I'am a crazy chicken lady also.i have five pullets.three have been laying for about two months.i have two that have been singing their egg song for several weeks.i rush home everyday to look in the nest hoping for more eggs.oh such a exciting time to find those first eggs.

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
I still get excited every time I find an egg! It never gets old. Just life's simple pleasures.

Mary
me too... my girls have been molting but finally got an egg yesterday...was just as excited as the first ever egg 3 years ago...:D

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
I still get excited every time I find an egg! It never gets old. Just life's simple pleasures.

Mary
I felt the same way when I had chickens. Gathering eggs was a high point of my day. I wish I could have chickens again but San Diego has a law that chickens have to be at least 50 feet away from any building and there just isn't that much room in suburbia.

krzybo

Leafing Out
Reaction score
My husband and I still love getting the eggs. We really love it when we go to close them up at night to see where everyone has stationed themselves. We have 11 hens about 4 months old and 5 grown hens and two coops connected to each other with roosts in both coops. They are at different places every night. I love, love the singing they do when we go to close them up. Nothing wrong with being "the crazy chicken lady" or "the crazy chicken man.":lol: Better than any TV show out there.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
They are very good entertainment! This afternoon I was preparing to bathe the dog, he recognized the pile of washing gear and slunk away. When I called him back, Sweetpea the bitty banty flew over the gate and came running up to me! So cute!

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A friend rented a place where the landlords (friends, also) had free ranging chickens in the back yard. And we just loved to sit on the deck and watch the "yard fish" - like watching a fish tank, relaxing, entertaining!

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Our chickies must be the same age! I started getting eggs from four of my springtime additions late last week, too!! FUN FUN!

hiker125

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Congrats on the first egg. They are so great. My husband says that ours needed to be gold plated, as much as it cost. :lol:

Latest posts