My sewing box....

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is the sewing box MontyJ made me for Mother's day. I love it. It holds 80 spools of thread ! I still have a lot of room for other stuff in there. It's on the heavy side so I wont be toting it around the house a lot.

Attachments

• DSC01629.JPG
    DSC01629.JPG
    294.2 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC01630.JPG
    DSC01630.JPG
    297.7 KB · Views: 253
  • DSC01631.JPG
    DSC01631.JPG
    290.2 KB · Views: 215

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dew, it's a good thing you have some good strong daughters around to help you move that thing! I don't think you'll be moving it once you get it filled. Now you have to decide which one gets it in your will. It will be wanted. Isn't it nice to have heirlooms?

I'm a pretty good rough carpenter but a woodworker made that. I'd never get that to look so nice. It sure looks furniture quality. I think I'm more impressed with all the work to get those dowels in there for the thread holders, with all the sanding, finishing, and putting them in there than the hinge system and it took some precise work to get that hinge system right.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! MontyJ is pretty talented! :D

Ridgerunner, believe it or not this is the first time he has ever tried something with this much detail! He said the hinge system gave him fits, but he got it and learned from all of this! I will not be moving it around much that's for sure. I have no idea who will want this after I'm gone.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like it, Dew! Tell MontyJ that the vote is in and folks are impressed with his effort. I'm showing that to DH with a reminder that Christmas isn't all that far away when crafting gifts. Still, he's usually "Draw up a plan" so I'm not sure that seeing your box will make it with him.

Imagine how much I could store in an Ottoman on wheels made just like that with all those drawers. . .

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW Monty did good. :) Gotta love a handy man. ;) Hmm Red might be onto something, Wheels... or set onto one of those plant platforms with wheels for move large plants around. Then you could roll it to the place you want to work. Great gift.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is a work of art! Beautiful sewing box that I am sure will give you much pleasure as you use it through the years. Every time you reach into that box for something, you will be reminded of the love that went into crafting that special box just for the special you!

Y'all notice the gazebo in the background, the picnic table the box is sitting on, the deck that is holding that infamous BBQ pit, the swing, and something in the left corner that looks to be part of a child's play set. All built by Monty, I'd be willing to bet a basket of tomatoes on. Way to go Monty!

Latest posts