My Sidekick Helper

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The things you teach him now will last his lifetime. At some point in his life, he might decide to have a garden just like his Grandma!
I still remember my grandmother's home. We moved to live with her when I was 3 and stayed only one year. I was only 4 when we moved hundreds of miles away.

Still, I remember.

I didn't quite expect to have anything to do with flowers in life. When I began working in the flower business, about 25 years after living with grandma, I found myself remembering the names of flowers she taught me. So many years had passed in my life, even as a 20-something ... and now, that is all many, many years ago.

You are helping to make special memories for a little boy :).

Steve

CrazyFeathers

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Instead of starting a new post, I will just add to this one. Here is what I did today. Warning: Picture heavy.
I received some great advice from Ridgerunner, SmartRed, and a few others here on TEG about mulching my tomato's so I did. I did put newspaper around and in between the plants and did not use slippery or colored paper as suggested.
Atomato.jpg

I put up left over cattle fencing to support my pole beans, this advice was again from good Ridgerunner.
Atomatobeanfence.jpg

Then of course I mowed, cleaned out the rabbit pens, weed whacked, moved my broody hens into an old rabbit cage that we modified a bit, planted some pots with morning glories and attached to my chicken run so they could climb all over my fencing and give my girls a bit more shade.
This is what is almost bloomed today.
AtomatoLupine.jpg

I took a picture of my Bleeding Heart but she is not as radiant as she was a week ago. She is only 2 years old and is a monster.
Atomatobleedingheart.jpg

My wonderful husband built me a green house this spring, here are a few pictures of that.
green.jpg

green3.jpg

The entire green house was made out of recycled wood and tin, the only thing we purchased was the plastic. The only thing left growing in there is lupine and foxglove.
Lastly I have to share a few pictures of my chickens, sorry but I have to lol!
My beautiful Copper Maran Rooster
Atomatocoppermaran.jpg

My husbands ugly, ugly, did I say ugly? Naked Neck "Mr. T. He is a very good rooster though.
Atomatoturken.jpg

And lastly some of my "big chicks". I always have so many different sized chicks that the only way to talk about them and know which ones we are talking about is by calling them "babies, littles, and big chicks" as someone is always broody and I have lots of chicks right now plus I incubate.
Atomatoturkenbaby.jpg

Thanks, I hope you enjoy the pictures!

Attachments

• Atomato.jpg
    Atomato.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 108

Latest posts