My talented Dad's woodcarvings

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Back when kids were encouraged to carry knives~even at school, mind you~and you never heard of anyone using them in anger. I started carrying pocket knives when I was 8 and I still carry them today. I have one just about everywhere I go and live...one in my winter coat, a few in my purse, one in the car, two in my desk, etc.

When I go outside to work for the day, a box cutter knife is always in my pocket and I have a 50 ct. blade dispenser mounted on the wall up at the shed. I can't tell you how many times a day I use that thing.

Mom carries a multitool knife and a box cutter in her purse, one in her truck, several in places around the home.

These are not for protection, BTW, but merely because when you need a knife, you need a knife!

I rarely ever see old fellas whittling any more. I used to go to church socials, family reunions and ice cream socials and you'd always see a few oldsters with their chairs in a circle, whittling away. Not really making anything but just whittling while they talked. I'd pull up a chair and get out my knife, choose a stick and get to shaving it, just to listen to what they had to say.
Exactly, DH and boys always have a knife if I need to use one. I used to carry one on my key ring (bus keys) until one of my passengers noticed it and asked if I had a knife! oops.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Me too, Bee! I remember one of my Dunkin Donuts pocket knives was confisacated by an airline terminal. I was sad. So I replaced it and its in my purse. You never know when you need one.

Gorgeous carvings, btw. I loved the bird ones!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Me too, Bee! I remember one of my Dunkin Donuts pocket knives was confisacated by an airline terminal. I was sad. So I replaced it and its in my purse. You never know when you need one.

Gorgeous carvings, btw. I loved the bird ones!
Thanks, so do we, :)

Latest posts