n95 dust masks

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm almost ready for anything but the loss of power and water and gas (propane, natural gas and gasoline).

Food stocks good. Lots of dehydrated/vac packed veggies from the garden over the last three years. Still have home canned product and have stocked up on basics like canned beans and dry rice.

The ex is bringing down an extra frig for my garage so I can freeze small containers of milk. No dairy cow on the golf course allowed here.

First aid kit is refreshed. Generic tylenol and other basics are good to go. My one Rx is being hoarded by myself anyway.

Instant hand sanitizer is in good supply and I know how to make my own. However the first ingred, 91 - 99% alcohol is not available anywhere. Phoey.

Regular old bleach and a new dedicated bucket has been purchased. I know how to make my own disposable wipes also. That inventory of the ingred for wipes is in good supply.

Soap - lots of soap here due to being a soap maker. I must start up the hobby again, as my olive oil (and home rendered beef fat) soaps are far less harsh on hands that the commercial ones. But no price gouging allowed by this lady if I put them up for sale locally. A year's worth of laundry soap is already in my garage. Whoops....

Personal supplies in stock. Toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, floss, tp, and other things an older woman may need.

Light bulbs have been replenished last fall due to a state of OR rebate for purchasing LED bulbs.

Cat food. Dog food. Chicken food (at the old place). Good for a few months.

Water: I have a Big Berkey and its in good working condition with new filters.

If the state isn't in too much trouble with our looming drought, I'll be growing alot more of my food. Seed supply is great, altho some older seeds may not have very good germination. No money for fancy beds...those grow bags behind the deer fencing will have to do.

Tea and coffee - six months worth.

Oh, one interesting thing...nobody here carries canned hams anymore. Not the big chains or the local independents. I wonder if they are still made. Maybe its a seasonal item?

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I did not read all the posts. I went off to find the n95 micron filtration level. It turns out this mask is a solid 1 micron filter. A high end oil filter on a race car is 3-5 micron. Below 1 micron, the various companies making the various n95 standard masks sell products with increasingly less effectiveness. I have a mask in my shop with charcoal filters that will perform as well. N95 is considered pretty weak a cording to what I have read thus far.

N95 standard means its Non resistant to oil and stops 95% of particulate matter. There is a R95 that is oil resistant. Also a N99 and R99 exist. A P100 is the best but I have not read the deal on that one yet.

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Was able to find a source for masks today
If anyone wants some I’m selling
750.00 a box plus 500.00 for shipping cash only
:caf :lol::lol:

Attachments

• 29ACE18F-476A-4545-B53D-CB7C1B81814C.jpeg
    29ACE18F-476A-4545-B53D-CB7C1B81814C.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
the acc basketball tournament and the high point furniture market just cancelled the news mentioned a loss of 50 million dollars to the local economy ........and nascar is thinking of cancelling as well......

whats being cancelled in your area?

sorry for everyone loss but we need to curb the spread of this virus.....
stay well everyone

Last edited:

Prairie Rose

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
All of the local school events have been cancelled here, as is any event with more than a thousand people. The grocery store I work at has been consistently up in sales for two weeks. We are out of hand sanitizer, but we still have enough paper products for half the county. Just this morning we were force-shipped more cases of sanitizing wipes than we have room to put out.

I have heard through the grapevine that there is a coronavirus case in the town I live in today, but I can't find any mention of it on the local news yet. Influenza A is making the rounds...both at work and at home. I am trying my hardest not to get sick. I cannot tell you the number of times I have been sneezed or coughed on by customers every day in the past few weeks...it is probably only a matter of time.

If this mystery coronavirus case gets confirmed, we are in for a very rough weekend. The delivery trucks don't come in on weekends, and the orders for our friday load went in very early this morning before we heard the news this afternoon. By Saturday morning we could standing over empty shelves, with no new product until Monday, and even that could be spotty. The warehouses don't stock enough to restock all of our stores at once...

I feel like I'm living in a disaster novel some days...I hope everybody and their loved ones stay safe.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
We seem to be reaching a cascade point, where colleges, sports, corporations, organizations, and governments are going into crisis mode. The stock market clearly reflects this as well. That has apparently triggered the public in my area... went grocery shopping today, and you would think people were preparing for the apocalypse. There is no rice anywhere in town, and the shelves for many canned goods are empty. The fellow in front of me at Aldi had a cart full of canned soup. The oriental market where we shop usually has pallets of rice, which they restock when they get their delivery on Thursday (which is the reason we shop that day). Even with a one-bag-per-customer limit, they sold out within hours. Never seen anything like this in my life, it makes Y2K look like a crank call by comparison.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, one interesting thing...nobody here carries canned hams anymore. Not the big chains or the local independents. I wonder if they are still made. Maybe its a seasonal item?

i have seen them here or there, but perhaps you have to search for them on-line first to see where they are distributed? i think SPAM would work in a pinch. not that i've eaten it in 20-40yrs but i'd give it a go if i were hungry enough. we used to eat canned corn beef and corned beef hash once in a while, but for some reason we haven't had that in a long time. perhaps the smell of it cooking was too much for Mom.

in terms of raw energy and price i think bags of sugar and oats are both worth having, mixed with butter you could survive quite some time off that when it is cold outside. not that it has much actual nutrition, but when you're starving and it is cold at that point all you really want are calories to burn to keep warm. too bad olive oil doesn't keep too long.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
:he with this new strain of flu < 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19 > you can not find dust masks anywhere...
heres a screen shot from grainger.... look at the backorder time and that changed since yesterday by a month.....
View attachment 34539
you can find them on amazon for 400%-600% of the usually price......

yes i'm sure there's going to be some debate over this post....bring it on

Grainger??? Try Ritz Safety. I just had to order a couple cases for work

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don’t get it. More people of all ages die from flu every year. This is killing the very aged and immune depressed. Both high risk already. Believe it is used to take blame for what is going on in financial world and politics.