Need Kale recipes

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am working on collecting recipes for Kale for my CSA next year. Please contribute recipes with clear quantities (as u can get) for sharing. Please sign the name you want given credit!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wish I knew some Kale recipes.

Wouldn't a creamy cabbage soup, with Kale substituted for the cabbage, with chunks of Rutabaga, and slices of polish dogs or ham, plenty of black pepper, and a bit of real live butter, maybe add some slices of celery and shelly beans...One of those add things as you go recipes sound good right now!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
About a year ago wifezilla posted a recipe for Kale Chips. It should be in recent posts now.

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have a Rustic Kale pie on my site that is a French recipe. We usually just steam it and we make Kale chips too!

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
polish soup
1lb keilbasa or other spicy sausage sliced
sliced or chopped onion
green pepper chopped
sliced celery
beef broth
cubed potatoes
sliced carrots
chopped kale
s&p to taste
cook till veggies are tender

seedcrazy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread from months ago (I'm a newbie) but wanted to add a delicious soup recipe - my favorite soup.

Sausage, Kale and Bean Soup

2 links of Italian sausage (one hot and one mild) or more if wanted
1 medium onion chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
cup of carrots diced
3 potatoes peeled and cubed (I added a sweet potato too)
1 16 ounce can of cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
1 bundle of kale, stems removed and chopped
tablespoon each of fresh rosemary, thyme and sage
1 hot chili (I just used a few dashes of hot sauce)
2 cups of chicken broth
3 cups of water
1 cup of white wine

Take sausage out of casing and scramble in the bottom of a big pot until done. Remove and drain on a paper towel. Add a little oil and saut onions until translucent (about 5 minutes), add minced garlic and cook a couple minutes more, add carrots, potatoes, beans, herbs and all liquid, once to a boil add kale and a few dashes of hot sauce or your chili and let simmer on low heat until everything is tender. I let mine simmer for about an hour to develop the flavors.

I assume you could add other veges if you wanted.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ohhh, SeedCrazy! :welcome

:frow

Thank you for knowing recipes!!!

:celebrate

You're gonna like it here!

I'm kind of seed crazy too.

My dresser has 4 drawers full of coffee cans getting filled with mostly bean seeds, a lot of pea seeds, corn seeds, oh yes, and saome socks!

So I was given another small dresser. Guess what I did with it? It is getting full of cans of seeds too. My plastic boxes filled with seed packets I filled over the years are overstuffed, so now I save those cool packing boxes that are recloseable.

Oh. My pants are piled 6 feet high in the corner, and everything else is stuffed into the wardrobe. Do I count as seed crazy too? :lol:

seedcrazy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
LOL yep, pretty sure your seed crazy too I'm trying to do better cause I kept some so long the germination was getting bad on them so I'm pretty good about sharing now and not hoarding quite as many. But I do LOTS of flowers and a small vegetable garden and its just me here (well besides the dogs) but I do gift baskets with lots of canned goodies at Christmas for bosses and co-workers and neighbors. I LOVE this soup and I add lots more kale. I just happened to stumble on this website today, glad I did! I'll admit, I finally bought a new refrigerator (french door - big step up from my tiny starting to rust one LOL) and I picked this one because it has a nice drawer the entire bottom of the fridge and realize they last longer with refrigeration so its my seed drawer!:D

Latest posts