NEED QUICK HELPant to do it ASAP.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I usually keep frozen dough rolls in my freezer, but you have to plan ahead to let them thaw and raise. From 2-8 hours ahead! I have stuffed the dough after it thaws and rises with calzone fixings - whatever you would put on a pizza. Cheese, sausage, tomato sauce, onions, peppers, etc.

Pasties are also available around here...but honestly i've never made them! I buy frozen locally made ones and have them on hand for a quick, easy dinner also. I think they're best topped with gravy.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
All the pasties I've had (or made) used pie dough rather than bread dough. Another part of learning about our history, we always made pasties when we studied the miners (badgers) in Wisconsin.

Come to think of it, we did a lot of learning through our stomachs in my classes.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Using garden things, some left over meat, I attempted to make pasties. Kind of wish i would have chosen Calzones. Always tomorrow! With bread machine, makes making dough real EASY.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know the buisquit dough where you hit the can side on the counter and the dough pops out ... just take each and roll them out, stuff it with whatever you want, then bake and wala... dinner ( or lunch or football snack , etc.) is served ! :drool

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh gosh @seedcorn you had me laughing!!! :lol: You wait until you have a wad of dough before deciding what to do with it?? :gig:gig:gig:gig

Ok, for your next try, get a pound of sausage, the patty kind. Brown it in a skillet until browned, loose and crumbly.

Pat dough out flat, as wide as a bread pan. put the sausage on the dough, spread it around up to 2 inches of the edge. Sprinkle grated cheese, fresh spinach, chopped onion, bell peppers or what ever you want, and roll it up. Put it in the bread pan, seam side down and bake. Serve with a salad and iced tea.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh gosh @seedcorn you had me laughing!!! :lol: You wait until you have a wad of dough before deciding what to do with it?? :gig:gig:gig:gig

Ok, for your next try, get a pound of sausage, the patty kind. Brown it in a skillet until browned, loose and crumbly.

Pat dough out flat, as wide as a bread pan. put the sausage on the dough, spread it around up to 2 inches of the edge. Sprinkle grated cheese, fresh spinach, chopped onion, bell peppers or what ever you want, and roll it up. Put it in the bread pan, seam side down and bake. Serve with a salad and iced tea.
Oh SURE, AFTER I make it,you post! Gee thanks!:barnie

bobbi-j

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, what did you end up making, and how did it turn out?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pastie with carrots, peppers, onions, garlic, pork, sweet potato. With candied sweet potatoes on side. Ok but really needed a nice gravy. Wish I would have went with calzone. Desert was home made bread with honey & butter.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I haven't had my dinner yet, so this thread is totally making me hungry. They all sound good! I've not heard of pasties before. That I will have to try.

For future dinner ball of dough you're not sure what to do with, how about Crack Bread?

This is definitely the weather for homemade bread.

Latest posts