Need some advice on bunny

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I didn't think you could give bunnies baths. Ours could use one! :lol:

Nyboy said:
My last trip tp lowes they where selling venus fly traps.
You can also try Pitcher plants (both North American and Asian species) or Sundews. If you try the flytraps, have them sitting in a tray with a few inches of water in it. You do not want the plastic covers that they come in on them. They also need plenty of sun.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
mineral spirits< paint thinner> works wonders to get bug trap glue off and then wash with soap and water

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OK, it's been long enough. Is the bunny naked, sticky or clean and dry???

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Still sticky, stubborn and mean! I can't keep ahold of him. I'm going to try again when DH can help me. I got my butt kicked by a 3 lb. fluffball. :(

At least he is not sticking to himself anymore though.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
An unhappy rabbit is a dangerous thing. Perhaps some duct tape as booties would help. My poor guy needs a good brushing. I'm not sure how happy Rusty would be with me doing that. He should be okay, as he used to be a house rabbit, but I have more scratches from him than from kittens.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm afraid of him hurting himself too. He mindlessly kicks and flails. He's never tried to bite me, but scratches me up pretty good trying to escape. I hope he'll go back to being his sweet little self after the neutering. I wish I'd gotten it done sooner, but I didn't really have the extra money at the time.

My sister told me to try holding him by the ears and use my hand to support his bottom. It didn't help. I do believe he would have tried to twist his ears right off.

We used to have a house bunny growing up! She was litter box trained and everything. She did chew the feet off of one of my Barbies, but other than that she was very well behaved. :D I never remember that rabbit scratching anybody. She was a bigger bunny and black. I don't know what kind...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think holding him by the ears is a good idea, they can damage themselves struggling. He sounds like a real pistol.

I've had bucks that were docile, so I'm wondering if neutering will actually be the key to settling him down. :/

We need Hoodat to offer some advice to you.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think holding him by the ears is a good idea, they can damage themselves struggling. He sounds like a real pistol.

I've had bucks that were docile, so I'm wondering if neutering will actually be the key to settling him down. :/

We need Hoodat to offer some advice to you.

Yes, I was hoping Hoodat could weigh in! Haven't seen him for awhile though. @hoodat <--I wonder if that will send him a note?

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I raised hundreds of rabbits for a Veterinary Teaching Hospital at a University as well as for a private Laboratory Co.. If one was to have 2 males that are approaching maturity in one cage, one of them will become a bloody mess if not dead. So, I castrated about 99.9 % of the males ( kept a few intact for breeding) while very young and had them living 3 per cage for several years. Almost all of them were very docile and got along with their cage mates,while a few had some spats now and then. Some individual rabbits will stomp at , scratch or bite people no matter what sex or if castrated. Best to invite these types to dinner.

Latest posts