Need To Rant UpDate Milio Going to New Home

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
He'll adjust. I always think it's best to "start as you mean to go on".

I'm probably hard nosed and in the minority, but when my dogs are in the house they are on their doggie bed by the door, no furniture, no sleeping in people beds. They're fine with that and behave very nicely indoors.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
He'll adjust. I always think it's best to "start as you mean to go on".
y instantly
I'm probably hard nosed and in the minority, but when my dogs are in the house they are on their doggie bed by the door, no furniture, no sleeping in people beds. They're fine with that and behave very nicely indoors.
Amen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also our cats are NOT allowed to even think about jumping onto the kitchen counters. Dogs are dogs , and cats are cats , they are NOT our children or equals to humans but MUST respect every person and our space. Our dogs are trained to protect our family and property and they do that very well, but when they are told to stand down, they instantly obey our commands. :thumbsup

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
milio being 2 his still a pup this is a good time for him and his new owners to set new rules
best thing for them is to buy a couple large dog beds, so this way milio knows where to sleep and theres still time to happily crate train him.<his happy/safe spot> while their gone. hope these people are ready for lots of leash and lead training, labs need lot of positive re enforcement. if they live in a museum type of home both will need to adjust...
@Nyboy is milio cat friendly? yes no? will go from there..

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major I don't think he ever seen a cat. He is very well trained after 2 months kenneled he heeled, sat and gave paw The new owners are very happy, only problem is him wanting to sleep in their bed. This is the funny part, in the kitchen they have a large dog bed which he uses. They have the same dog bed in bedroom that he willn't use. I told them new dog in new house, if thats there biggest problem they are lucky

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
with my ansomia and snoring< i do not snore> the wife and i sleep in different ends of the house. all my dogs have been allowed to sleep on the bed which there are times i am the loser and other times their on the scarecrow couch. but i am a softie . so can understand a couple who sleeps together are not accustomed to having a extra bunkie... positive training is in order for all 3 of them is in order

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
A dog is a dog. My lab has a bed in the TV room and a bed in the master bedroom. She is not a lap dog. She has never gotten on the furniture, the bed or in my two fur-free rooms, the living and dining room. Since we seldom use those rooms either, she isn't away from family access very often.

We love her dearly, but pets is pets.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Interesting views on dogs/pets. Grew up where dogs were loved, working animals that slept in kennel.

Now, have some uses but in general pet. He sleeps with whomever he wants until that person says no. I agree, he is an animal. What he is allowed to do is because I don't mind. If visitors don't like it, I don't mind. They can leave, no hard feelings.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Lucy is not allowed to sleep on our bed. That being said...the couch is okay, IF we are sitting there she is allowed to come up on our invitation. BUT the other day, a friend was visiting, and we were both sitting on the couch. Lucy decided SHE needed to sit on the couch as well, without an invitation, and she leaped over my legs and plunked down. As I was laughing and distracted, she took a little drink from my wine glass! Bad dog! The couch is one thing but my WINE?!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not a shrinking violet when it comes to being dirty or grimy and taking care of all my animals. And when I go to a friends house whose dogs have unlimited access to any room or piece of furniture in the house I'm happy to love on them and let them drape themselves all over my lap when I take a seat.

But when I get home or when I'm done with my animal chores I shower and put clean clothes on because I prefer to smell nice.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't notice dog odors, but cats-can't stand their odors.

Latest posts