Needing somewhere to complain

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ChickenMomma91 I am sorry, but I laughed, you may be a newbie to gardening , but already sound like those of us that have been planting and harvesting for awhile! The one thing you will find yourself and all of us short on is patience .... ;) When will it rain? Will it ever dry out? The tomatoes just are not getting ripe. etc.....

ChickenMomma91

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It did stop raining! we pulled my black plastic mulch off the big bed Saturday and I left it to air out a bit, today we had a family emergency with my FIL and DH had to jet out before he even finished his first cup of coffee. I don't trust my tiller to not eat me when hes gone so I went out with my shovel, rake, and hoe to till it the old fashioned way. dig, flip, hoe out the clods and rake it all smooth. calling for a thunderstorm tonight, that should settle it down nicely for the pavers i bought saturday. I also pulled the remaining straw off my strawberry bed and finished the pollinator garden in the front yard, i'll get photos in the morning. Hopefully i have enough time before work to spread some flower seed and get the birdbath top back on. It's been a productive weekend and a thrifty one too! I found tomato cages for $1.50 at the local ALDIS while grocery shopping and had to go back for them today.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Weather is our one great uncontrollable.

Was it @Chickie'sMomaInNH who said that tomatoes are forgiving plants? Still, I take some pride in being able to move seedlings at their proper moment from one container to another. My digitS' are not small and dexterous. I just try to be conscientious and seldom lose a plant.

They are at the mercy of nature to a greater and greater extent. Weather claims the high ground and I am left to scurry around trying to be of benefit but, mostly, standing helplessly by.

It is supposed to snow this morning between 5am and 8, then turn to rain. It's freezing. The radar map shows that the storm clouds are on their way. I'd say that the snow won't start at 5 because it is now 5::02 ... Maybe, I can get something planted in another day or two. Oh boy! April is now into the double

digitS'!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ChickenMomma91 your Aldis has tomato cages? Ok, I'm jealous. I don't use them for tomatoes, I use them for pepper plants. We're going to Tyler on Thursday, will stop at Aldis, I'll check to see if they have tomato cages.

Latest posts