Nephew Gave Me A Good Laugh

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have my own private 3 stooges show !!!! chickie space not a problem they can have as much as they can clear. Big problem sprinklers don't cover area, they are afraid of pond water he thinks flesh eating bacteria in water ( long story) NY summers can be very dry. I wish I could sell the rights to a reality TV show.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I sell a few punkins ...

It would be a tuff row to hoe to make very much money! The vines take up so much room ... I hope it's a BIG piece of ground under that brush.

Later this year, they can get a punkin sign and sit off the side of the road in the company of all those punkins! Here's an idea!!! Tell them that waaaay too many people never get around to carving Jack o'Lanterns, altho, I bet that's a prime reason for them to buy the silly punkins. Sure, you see them all over the place, uncarved and sitting on somebody's frontdoor steps. Spend a couple days with a knife and sell 'em as Jack o'lanterns!

digitS'
My neighbors have a ton of land and have been on it for 3-4 generations. Mostly they just grow hay and have jobs. Used to be a horse farm-always for pleasure. Land rich-money poor. The Mom and son were going to sell pumpkins one year but the pumpkins didn't grow very big. I explained that they used the wrong kind of seed. I have another neighbor who plants out pumpkin seedlings in August to sell at a farmers market. He plants them way too late, never weeds them. I plant mine out in may and get great pumpkins every year. My husband asked me if I wanted to give him advice. I told him the entertainment value was too great to give unsolicited advice. This second man married into a large farm. Again raise hay and have jobs.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
They have done no land clearing, I don't think they understand they are working with a time frame. They did ask me to buy a large rototiller ( I have a small electric one that is almost useless) I told them no I was not spending $600 on something they would use once. I told them the local home depot rented them. I would finance 1 maybe 2 day rental. :pop

Latest posts