New Chick on the farm (pict heavy)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW! Poor little girl. Now I'm going to have to check the coop for anything that could fall and trap a hen........
So glad she's ok!!!

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
One of my baby chicks (actually a teenegger) got trapped when the plastic bucket I use for one of their waterers flipped over on top of him/her. I was out there feeding them and heard her peeping and the bucket moved a bit. Flipped it over and she looked at me like "it's about time! "

I so love my animals! They are so funny!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Update.
Lonely is turning into quite the Looker!!!

From this:
DSCF0475.JPG

to this:
DSCF0532.JPG

to THIS:
DSCF0633.JPG

And silly little bald Gimpy is looking GOOD too!

From this:
DSCF0536.JPG

to This:
DSCF0617.JPG

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
They are both gorgeous, I absolutely love lonely's color pattern.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you! I'm SOOOO hoping it's a she. One day I'm sure they are both shes - the next I have no doubt they are both hes ... then the next day......

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Those are some very pretty biddies. I love the blue, your first EE looks like a bald eagle :) EE have always been my favorite, they are so sweet. :love Your polish has a really nice crest, ours got so big she couldn't see and would crash into things :lol: poor baby:(, it got the point that we would tie it back with a scrunchy, and eventually we would just give her a trim every week or so.:lol:
Can't wait to see the naked necks. I miss having them, no one here liked them. I thought they were cool, and they had a very friendly personality (towards people, they hated other chickens:lol:) The do have a stare that makes any animal the look at want to head for the hills, and ours were FIERCE broodies who had no problem attacking your hand, and they wouldn't let go once they had you either. They look so evil and mean, especially the black ones, like vultures:eek: But they are a lot of fun, and very smart, if I had more space I would get a few again, they were so cool:cool: