New Chick on the farm (pict heavy)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you :D

They spent their first day with the 'big girls' yesterday. I sectioned off part of the run and closed off under the roost. They have a little door that is just a small piece of the wall, hinged on top, and making a little roof over the door. Poor little things had all gotten on TOP of the door (looks like a ramp) and were huddled up when I checked on them at dusk. :lol: Had to pick them off the door and poke them into the coop. They'll get it soon enough.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Update on Lonely and Gimpy!!!

Well, little Lonely has turned into a BEAUTIFUL little roo.
DSCF0784.JPG

NO idea what I'm going to do with ANOTHER roo...... :-(

And Gimpy has become a very, very pretty little pullet.
DSCF0793.JPG

Though still terribly camera shy and hard to get a pict of....

Of the other 3 - 2 are roos...
DSCF0785.JPG

Cali-co Cane

DSCF0795.JPG

Crack-co Cane

DSCF0802.JPG

and Sugar Cane

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
big question is do all the roos get a long so far? anyone being aggressive to you or each other? anyone that does i would have them on the watch list till they get moved to the freezer camp list.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
So far the 'big' roo is ignoring the teenagers and the teens are keeping their heads down. Someone pulled a bunch of feathers out of the polish's crest a week or so ago, but other wise they're all getting along fine (so far).
I've got a friend who might take Cali-co. I guess that as long as I have room, and they behave, we'll just keep on keeping on.

... this is what happens when you NAME all the chicks before you know for sure who is what....

Latest posts