New Chickens

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
OMGosh!!!!!! @ninnymary your coop is so so cute...I could never sit hear my coop. You couldn't hear someone talking next to you.
Thank you. There is a very pretty chandelier inside. People coming to see it on the coop tour always rave about it and tell me and other's it's the prettiest one. I love color and because of my preschool, everything has to always be the best. Parents are very selective and you need to do what it takes to beat your competition. So my chickens and garden are a big hit. So is the inside of my home and my program.

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got a link? You are talking about "certified organic".

It's up to you to know what the label really means, people would be surprised at a lot of that. Certain labels do have specific legal meanings, some don't. A lot of the public have some pretty strong misconceptions about what those labels really mean.

I'm not into certified organic myself. As someone else kind of said on here, organic is a way of life, not a set of rules.
Link? You can see their semis backed up at local coop loading corn and taking it to their facilities. Anything you buy that is labeled organic is by government (with aid of organic community) standards. There is a loop hole in there that IF you can't buy organic, you can feed them anything. Farmers can use non-organic seed as well.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you. There is a very pretty chandelier inside. People coming to see it on the coop tour always rave about it and tell me and other's it's the prettiest one. I love color and because of my preschool, everything has to always be the best. Parents are very selective and you need to do what it takes to beat your competition. So my chickens and garden are a big hit. So is the inside of my home and my program.

Mary
& your chickens have a house keeper, butler and maid. That's you....

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, I cam close to mentioning your coop over on the chicken forum this morning, but decided not to respond to that post about painting coops. Yours is absolutely gorgeous, just as I would expect from you.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Mary how much do a dozen organic eggs sell for near you? Here they sell anywhere from $5 to $8 a dozen
Yes, but chickenfeed is $10.00 +/50 pound bag, so you have to factor that in, too, to your $egg.
Still, it's nice to save up the 7 dozen eggs I need for HD/colored & deviled eggs for the church breakfast and our Own Easter celebration.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, I cam close to mentioning your coop over on the chicken forum this morning, but decided not to respond to that post about painting coops. Yours is absolutely gorgeous, just as I would expect from you.
Thank you Ridge. Are the people on that site against painting coops?

Mary

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not at all. Just like on here, people have different opinions. You see some really nicely decorated coops over there and you see some like mine that could be called rustic if you wan to be nice.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I understand some of you are paying a decent premium for non-GMO feed. @ducks4you at $10/50# that is for bagged layer mash from local mills, correct?

I know I am anal on this subject, forgive me, but how do you know it is non-GMO? Here in Indiana, we run tests for GMO (in those markets) and some companies label their non-GMO hybrids as "Not for use in Non-GMO markets).

If you want to know IF you are receiving what you pay for, let me know. I'll see where closest testing facilities are at for you.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMG_0087.JPG
IMG_1767.JPG
IMG_0827.JPG
Ridge, just for you.

Latest posts