New Garden Fence - pics

CityChook

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Check out my new vegetable garden and fence! We worked ALL weekend. Not finished yet (we ran out of materials) but very very close.

Needed to fence in the veggies this year to keep the chickens OUT. Deer too. It's not very big - about 14x9, so I didn't want to put up super tall walls or it would feel a little cell-like. The tops are low enough that those naughty chookies could fly over it, if they tried, but so far they haven't figured it out. Keeping fingers crossed. Just for good measure, I placed the evil hated broom (not pictured) by the herbs to remind them that I will chase them down if they want to mess with my set up. :lol: We'll see how long it takes them to push my buttons.

I am so envious of all your southern gardeners who already are harvesting from your gardens. We just got the frost clearance last weekend and I've been work'n my fingers to the bone getting everything planted.

IMG_3353.jpg

IMG_3413.jpg

IMG_3430.jpg

IMG_3431.jpg

IMG_3428.jpg

ETA: And here's the final product:
IMG_3541.jpg

ETA: replaced photos after putting them in albums on photobucket.

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
love it .. i have a few areas i think i might try that in, fencing off behind the garage, or the south side of our house .. i like it .. i really like the gate!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Very, very nice, CityChook :)!

Practical fence and it came together so nicely what with fitting rectangles to curves to free-form rocks to . . . hey, what's that blooming? Are your peonies popping open?

(I think your bestest spring accomplishment is that cute little kid. . . . probably from a long-term, over-wintering situation ;).)

Steve

CityChook

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
steve - grin.

No, peonies are to the right of the garden, with the hostas (hard to see), just past the flowers. They have buds with ants, but are not open yet. What you see is a new rose I got for my bday (actually 2) called "Winnepeg Parks. It's a parkland rose, so hardy in this zone with no protection. It's new, so spent the spring in a greenhouse. I DIED when I saw it in full bloom. So pretty. I don't believe in coddling my roses, so am limited to those that can grow tough.

Thanks everyone for the nice compliments. I'm going to show them to my DH who worked VERY VERY hard this weekend to finish up this project so I could get my vegetables planted. I'm sure he's regretting building my lovely coop last summer as now I know what he's capable of with a hammer...

nightshade

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
wow that is really really nice. I hope that my new garden will look that nice, but we wont even be able to break ground on it til fall probably. I love the gate and walk leading to the garden it is really beautiful.

headred

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
That is really nice! I keep propping up pieces of anything and everything to keep my ducks out of my garden until my hubby can get something built!

mtn_penny

Leafing Out
Reaction score
The fence looks great. I just wished my garden looked as prestine and weed free as the one's ya'll post.

Latest posts