New greenhouse garden shed combo (Done!)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh Wendy, I am just so jealous! Its gorgeous!!!!

Congrats!!!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh yes beautiful greenhouse, and it doesn't even have plants in it yet.
Wish I could have one of those, one day hopefully.

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It's getting there...

133378397.jpg

We stained it last night and will just need to touch up the dark brown with a brush, and then do something light or clear on the cedar trim.

It still needs ventilation... there is no ridge vent, just some vents under the soffits. (I didn't want all my heat escaping out the top in the winter.) But with temps in the 80's in early spring it's already pretty warm in there! I suspect I'm going to be tossing a roll of shade cloth over those windows this summer.

We're thinking of putting some vents (that can be closed) low on the back wall, and then a vent with a thermostat and fan on the left wall. It might even end up with a window on the left wall (the door is on the right) to get a cross breeze going.

Suggestions?

-Wendy

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wonderful! I really like the Dutch door . . . and not just because my European G Grandfather came from Holland ;).

Yes, you will need cross-ventilation and there's no doubt that it will get very hot in there during summer days but also, spring days.

Your doors open out, it may be a good idea to have screen - perhaps, you could slide it into place - on the inside. Some of my worse problems in the greenhouse came from cats getting in. Not content just to walk around the paths and look at things -- they have jumped up on the benches and walked around on the plants.

Also, the neighbor's 5 year-old came over one morning and decided that the flats would look better upside-down. Don't ask me how she came up with that thought :rolleyes:. She must be close to 20 now, the next time I see Jennifer, maybe I'll ask her . . . or, not :p.

Steve

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh I'm in awe! I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I had that? Other then be out in it ALL day and drive the DH out of his mind with shelving and storage ideas!!! HAHAHAHA

CONGRATS!!!

:p

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
A lovely addition to your yard!! Can't wait to see what you are going to grow in there! Congrats!

Latest posts