New member from Ithaca, NY

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Welcome from a fellow New Yorker and former Cornellian, so someone who knows a bit of Ithaca (Is there still a mirabelle plum tree by the bar at the corner of Dryden and Eddy St.?*)

*Ironically a tree far older than Plum Tree the Japanese restaurant that is a few blocks away.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi thistlebloom! I haven't grown them in a long time myself. Found some tubers on sale and put them in a cool, dark place. Almost forgot where they were!
Yes, I'm potting them up indoors. Hope they will be happy until I can get them outdoors.
Where do you live?

I'm in north Idaho. :)

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome from another NY flower grower. I got hooked on dahlia when I found some on clearance. This will be my 2 winter storing tubers hope last year wasn't beginner's luck. @digitS' is a expert dahlia grower, he is very helpful in growing them

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
:welcome Alice, from Central Illinois! I found some perennial spring bulbs in February that I hadn't planted, so I started them indoors, and most came up. I will put them in some beds later this month and they Should flower next year AFTER they have multiplied. Just some fyi, and glad to meet you!!
Btw, you need an avatar AND we demand pictures of...everything.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome, AllieOak!

Be careful, @Nyboy . "Fables should be taught as fables, myths as myths, and miracles as poetic fantasies." ~ Hypatia

You have a wonderful resource there in Ithaca. Cornell has been very useful to me and other gardeners and to those who watch the wild birds :).

AllieOak, I hope you can help guide us through your dahlia experience and in other of your "pet" interests.

Steve

Latest posts