New Member from Massachusetts

kenneth Power

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Welcome from northeast Texas! Cow panels are on sale for $18 at TSC in my area, they are normally $20. How much are they in your area?
Hey baymule, Cattle panels are not in much demand up here so TSC needs to special order them and only when they can fill a truck for the region. So I am told.
They want $ 56.00 ea

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Home Depot has rebar panels. I don't know if they are strong enough for your needs. They are around $8 here. I used them to make a wall of them for my tomato trellis.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey baymule, Cattle panels are not in much demand up here so TSC needs to special order them and only when they can fill a truck for the region. So I am told.
They want $ 56.00 ea

Whoa! That's expensive! Ours are priced like Bays, $18-$20. They're hard to find on Craigs List (just in case NYboy wondered :p ) and if you find some at a good price they're usually gone within minutes of being posted.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
FIFTY SIX DOLLARS FOR A COW PANEL?
:ep:ep:ep:ep:ep:ep:ep:ep:ep:ep:ep:ep:ep:ep:ep

Needless to say, that is outrageous. We use them for lots of things. I even build chicken coops and chicken runs with them. I move them around for temporary pens, bow them over for archways, trellis for vines-everything but for cattle. :lol:

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
thanks @ninnymary, i was thinking those panels at Home Depot/Lowes might be lower quality but i've never really bought them. just happen to see them some time back when i was doing a different project. i found they are called remesh sheets or shared welded steel wire. http://www.homedepot.com/p/42-in-x-84-in-Sheared-Welded-Steel-Wire-Remesh-Sheet-004061/206340461

Concrete wire. It is a smaller gauge than cow panels and is not galvanized like cow panels are. But the price is certainly right, compared to $56. If you decide to use concrete wire, it comes on rolls and you can cut it to the size you want.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
the ones i saw at Home Depot were panels. what i've done in the past to anything that is wire is use spray paint to seal it. i've been doing it for about 20 years now with my tomato cages. and a couple years ago i noticed local garden centers are selling the colored cages at a premium!

kenneth Power

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Concrete wire is an alternative but would rather not use a lighter gauge or have to paint. The search goes on.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tractor supply website you have to give zip code before prices are given. Everytime I do I feel like store is saying we going to charge you more then rest of country. A few stores do that home depot one of them.

Latest posts