New Old Truck work started

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
All you have to do to get a rear window for your truck is go to a local glass shop and have one cut. It's just laminated flat glass.
If it's a good shop they will have any tint you want.

THANX RICH

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for tip Dickie, most of junkyards here have much newer cars. Red seems your idea is getting closer and closer. One of my clients is a higher up in government and has been flying back and forth to Cuba. I wonder, do I dare ask.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
You dare. Government workers are fairy useless any way-except for police/military

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for tip Dickie, most of junkyards here have much newer cars. Red seems your idea is getting closer and closer. One of my clients is a higher up in government and has been flying back and forth to Cuba. I wonder, do I dare ask.
you might want to check with a local salvage yard anyway to see if they can locate a donor truck. if they don't have the part/car there they have an interconnected system with other salvage yards that they can have parts shipped to them for hardly any cost to you. everything at most salvage yards has to be inventoried if pulled from the vehicle, and if they left the car in a spot on the property they keep a map to go and get the parts from it. i know my area has this system in place since i've used it for minor replacements on my DH's 1997 Subaru years ago and for my truck when i still owned it.

when i had my 95 S-10 truck it didn't have it's back bumper (it was an option on some models). my mom didn't like that at the time and said i had to get a bumper. dad suggested checking with the local salvage yard not to far from my neighborhood before going to a parts dealer or the dealership. they didn't have one at the time from any salvaged trucks on the lot so they ordered one for me that was much cheaper than stock parts. it appeared new and came with all the wiring and stuff you needed to install it packaged up like it came direct from the manufacturer. sometimes they can even order parts from the manufacturer cheaper than what the dealerships will charge you for them. they have their 'connections'. :p

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am sure there are junk yards and there are junk yards. A few years ago when I was looking for parts for my 72 Cutlass I went to most of the car parts yards in the area only to find that they carried parts for only the last 10 or 15 year old vehicles. I didn't find a one that had parts for my car.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The problem with salvage yards right now is that a couple of years ago scrap value went way up and most anything they had was worth more as scrape than it was for a few parts that may sit there for years before they sold.
You'll find very few salvage yards in rust country that deal in just vintage vehicles. Most big vintage yards are out west where you don't hear the rust growing like in the east and midwest.

THANX RICH

Latest posts