New property owners again

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
They had built what I guess you call gables on new roof. I found stainglass windows at antique shop. Was told no way they could be installed, to late. So when they left I used one of the saws they left and cut holes right where i wanted windows. When he came in next day I believe his choice was tear up or strangle me. I know I saw a teardrop running down his cheek. I love my attic windows, well worth the risk. Lesson learned for contractor don't leave tools around.

Last edited:

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Todays update:

I see Dew posted some pics. I'm glad she got one of my little helper on the fence. BTW, that's a 5-1/2 foot black snake. It was big for it's age. It was still showing pattern, so it can't be too old. It was allowed to pass on it's way to the back yard and beyond.

Today, I didn't get to what I wanted to do, but all was not lost. I spent some time going over the cabinet arrangement and made some changes. That led to another trip to Lowes. When we got home, I cut the carpet out of the living room to inspect the floor damage there. By then the heat inside was becoming unbearable. I overdid it yesterday, and paid with a terrible headache and exhaustion, so I decided not to tackle the floor today. Instead, I got caught up with the wall finishing. It's one of those...the flooring guy is waiting on the painter, who is waiting on the drywaller, who is waiting on the carpenter type of deals.

Dew is the painter, waiting on me to finish the walls, who is waiting on me to finish the floor, who is waiting on me to finish the walls...

Meanwhile, I'm next door finishing the upper cabinets so I can get them out of the wood shop and move the lowers in for finishing.

I don't what the hell everyone is waiting on!!!

Then, we decided to call it quits. So Dew and I spent some well deserved time in the pool...right up until it stated raining...again. I had steaks out too. Guess we know what we're having tomorrow ;)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like so much fun. I envy you two -- not all the work -- but the time working together toward one project for you both.

MontyJ, that waiting sounds so familiar. Around here I really do want to get things going, but it seems that everything I want to do starts with, "As soon as DH does (blank) then I can get to work and do what I want.

Despite the similarities, Dew just might want to branch out a bit. There's a lot of Honey Do between getting ready to paint and slapping a new coat on the walls. All that other work is invisible. All visitors will see is the fine painting job. But without all the big stuff, the finishing touches are mere pipe dreams.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I do have one room 99% ready for carpeting. That's a huge step in the right direction. We will be able to get some carpeting and linoleum down soon. I can go back and touch up what gets marred later. I may have jumped the gun too soon with the painting, but also wanted it done before the new carpet and linoleum went down. That way I'm not getting pain on the new stuff.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you guys have been very productive? Don't you love those days instead of the ones where you feel like all you did was spin your wheels all day?

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
You didn't jump the gun. The pros prefer painting before the flooring -- even the trim -- if possible. It is much easier to touch up here and there than to risk spots on the carpeting.