New Puppies

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
She's missing the most fun part of a puppy!
I'm not so sure about that...... My DD would also argue (you know how these kids are) about that as she is trying to house train a young dog-less than year old plus working a new job. I have bets with who will train who. Dog is winning.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
No, Cat, she isn't missing a thing. She can visit and play with the puppy, but her house will remain un-scathed by puppy paws for a "few weeks". There is lots of time for puppy love after a bit of training.

That's why my kids have me do the most of the house training for their dogs. The chewing I know little about. None of mine have ever been destructive chewers.

Cee Cee has gone back to being overly connected to the back of my knee since DH was in the hospital a few weeks ago. Her separation anxiety is back in full force with me having been gone for three days. Hopefully this will pass. Every time I move she's got her nose in my knee.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can identify with that, Red. Penny and DH both get up and follow me to the kitchen when I go there. Then stand in my way while I do what ever it was I came to the kitchen for.
Penny heels well in the house, off leash. Right behind me on the left. It's when we go outside with all the animal smells that she goes bananas. I checked the local dog trainer/daycare and they aren't starting a new class till September.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you still breed Cavaliers NYboy? I have a friend who wants to get her 7 year old daughter her own dog, but wants a small one with a nice personality. I remembered what you said about CKC and told her to look into them. After she read up on them she was very excited. I think she'll be looking for a breeder in her area sometime in the next several months.