New Puppies

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wonder if peanut butter would list xylitol or just say artificial sweeteners? I think manufacturers have to list aspartame, not sure about others.
Penny doesn't even like peanut butter. She much prefers cheese for her allergy pill to be hidden in.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Years ago I had a dog that needed a pill every night. I would give the pill in cheese, problem was I love cheese and would eat it. I solved the problem of me eating dog's cheese by buying cheese in the dirtiest store I could find. Worked like a charm.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Years ago I had a dog that needed a pill every night. I would give the pill in cheese, problem was I love cheese and would eat it. I solved the problem of me eating dog's cheese by buying cheese in the dirtiest store I could find. Worked like a charm.

Haha! That cracked me up NYboy! :lol:

Hopefully you hadn't already hidden the pill before you swiped his cheese!

When I have to give my dogs a pill, and that is so infrequent I can't even remember the last time, I just smear it in butter and put it on the back of their tongue. Goes down slick!
Of course my dogs will consume nearly anything. Lately they've been catching grasshoppers...:sick

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@seedcorn - or your peanut butter isn't as good as it used to be. Did you check your peanut butter for xylitol? It's extremely toxic to dogs and their reaction can be pretty similar to an allergy. It's sadly a common ingredient in peanut butter these days. I know "Adams" doesn't have it, but many others do.
Could be but our brand doesn't list it on ingredient list.