New Raised Beds

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
New additions to the garden for tomato & pepper goodness. 3' tall, 3' wide & 8' long. Dester, Sweet Pea Currant, Nebraska Wedding & Brandywine are tucked in and growing as well as some Banana Peppers, Jalapenos & Ajvarski.

On a related note I can't find my pick axe and as much as I don't want to admit it it may be at the bottom of all the dirt in one of those beds :(

IMAG0370.jpg

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Nice! I guess you'll find out where you left it when you get baby pick axes on a woody stem. :D

Hows your wife's ankle healing?

Yeah, glad it wasn't something more spendy. I need to get a new one so I can bury some French drains

She's healing OK. It'll be a long time before she can put weight on it but we're hoping she gets a walking cast next week or something lighter than the fiberglass thing they have her in now

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
glad to hear dw is on the mend....

um why french drains..????

Out of view to the left is a gutter drain from our roof. It basically just pools water too close to the house, and our basement has water issues that that doesn't exactly help with, so I'm going to sink it underground out to just past the new raised beds.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
can understand all about that..had to put 4" corrugated pipe at every downspout to channel it away...
shame that all our gardens are on the other side of the ditch.. have Sean some very great ideas on saving rain water to use in gardens.....

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
can understand all about that..had to put 4" corrugated pipe at every downspout to channel it away...
shame that all our gardens are on the other side of the ditch.. have Sean some very great ideas on saving rain water to use in gardens.....
my neighbor made me a rain barrel last summer. I finally (today) connected a downspout to it.

Latest posts