New seed

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you for the nice welcome. How do I add my location on the information shows on the left? I will work on my avatar. I think I can do that.

It may depend on what device or browser you are using. On a desk top with Chrome I pass the cursor over my screenname in the upper right corner in that green bar above my avatar and a dropdown menu appears. I select “personal details” and fill out location. That does it for me.

BrendaJune

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestion. I tried that and it didn't work for me. Maybe someone else will have an idea. I have an Apple and I use Firefox. (but just between you and me, I don't know what that means ;)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi, and Welcome from SE Missouri. I think people who have been gardening for years still have occasional bad years, particularly for certain kinds of plants. It sounds like water may have been an issue if you got no seeds to germinate. Or extreme weather. Or rabbits. Or.....Probably lots of things, unfortunately.
If you still have the seed packs with some seed left, why don't you try to germinate a few of each in a paper towel and baggie, set up on the top of the fridge for a few days. That way, you will at least know if the seed is viable. Also, in your area, it could be easy for a store or a gardener to not store the seed in a cool enough place. Hot dry temps can suck the life out of seeds. (and garden chemicals)
If you have been gardening for several years you probably know all this, but I always assume there will be a very new gardener among our readers that will get some info from our answers.
I hope you have better luck next spring. We always expect next year to be a bumper crop, right?

BrendaJune

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thank you So Lucky. I am always an optimist when I plant! That is a great idea to check on the viability of the seeds. I'm thinking it was not enough water. I ordered the seed from a very reliable heritage, organic company. I'm sure the problem was at my end. I will check the seed and try again next spring. I would like a different gardening setup but that won't happen for another year.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yep, I even have a sign for my garden gate :).
DSCN4123.JPG

BrendaJune

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
It may depend on what device or browser you are using. On a desk top with Chrome I pass the cursor over my screenname in the upper right corner in that green bar above my avatar and a dropdown menu appears. I select “personal details” and fill out location. That does it for me.
I wasn't in the "green bar" area. So of course it didn't work. Found the right spot and fixed it! Thanks!!

Latest posts