New Year resolutions for 2014

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
For so long I have had no trouble making, but a world of problems keeping new year's resolutions. I now realize that it is because I tend to set high goals and unrealistic resolutions. This is the year I vow to keep my more reasonable resolutions.

1. I will get out for less exercise in order to gain at least 5 pounds.
2. I will turn in my library card in order to spend more time in front of the TV with chips and soda.
3. I will stop making shopping lists in order to have more time for shopping itself.

These are resolutions I can live with and be sure to keep for a full year. Anyone else making resolutions?

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Not a resolution, but love the caption on your picture of the week! lol

I am starting a new exercise plan that I have to do for my employer to pay for it. It will last 3 months (a trial period) and I will be working out w/ a personal trainer 2 days a week. I am expecting MIRACLES!!!! lol lol lol

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not a resolution, but love the caption on your picture of the week! lol

I am starting a new exercise plan that I have to do for my employer to pay for it. It will last 3 months (a trial period) and I will be working out w/ a personal trainer 2 days a week. I am expecting MIRACLES!!!! lol lol lol
Oh Kassaundra, that is great! I so wish I could afford a trainer. :( Happy for you!

Mary

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hereby resolve to popularize Neanderthal intelligence!

Dagg gum it, Physicists say the rate of expansion of the universe is increasing!

The onliest way they say that can happen is if there is invisible, undetectable DARK ENERGY in huge quantities what's boiling things up, making the explosion of the big bang get kicked into a higher gear.

See, explosions don't explode, and then for no reason, explode even more. That's what's going on with the universe, so the physicists are saying there is more explosive force in the universe doing this. Thing is, nobody knows what it is!

=====

NOT ONLY THAT! But it looks like Galaxies don't have enough mass and gravity to be holding all their stars in orbit.

So, physicists think there is DARK MATTER hiding, invisible, and undectable, and a whole lot of it in the universe.

=====

SEE? that's modern human thinking.

NEANDERTHALS who are intelligent see it differently.

It's not invisible forces, and not invisible stuff.

GRAVITY IS VARIABLE!

DUH!

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh Kassaundra, that is great! I so wish I could afford a trainer. :( Happy for you!

Mary
Thanks, there is no way I could afford it myself either. My work sees it as a way to decrease workers comp claims if their work force is in better physical shape.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
There are several things that I should resolve to change, but in truth, I don't think I would work that hard at them. Let's see:

Exercise more often, be nicer to loved ones, keep the house cleaner, try something new at least once a week, go to church regularly, be more social, floss daily, etc, etc, etc.

Apparently for 2014 I will remain a slightly messy, unmotivated, grumpy hermit who only talks to my chickens.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
For me the motivating force is that if I don't go I have to pay for it, they only pay if I go a minimum of 20 times in one quarter.
I have always felt that gym memberships should be covered by our health insurance but they don't see it that way. :/ I know I'm saving them a ton of money.

Mary

Latest posts