New Year resolutions for 2014

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
There are several things that I should resolve to change, but in truth, I don't think I would work that hard at them. Let's see:

Exercise more often, be nicer to loved ones, keep the house cleaner, try something new at least once a week, go to church regularly, be more social, floss daily, etc, etc, etc.

Apparently for 2014 I will remain a slightly messy, unmotivated, grumpy hermit who only talks to my chickens.

HA... that could be my list with the same results !! Where we twins separated at birth? (oh wait, I do not have Chickens.)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have always felt that gym memberships should be covered by our health insurance but they don't see it that way. :/ I know I'm saving them a ton of money.

Mary
I agree. I might get motivated if I did not have to pay the big bucks myself. And I figure in the long run if I was thinner and healthier the insurance company would be paying less than the bills from illness resulting from my weight issues.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kaizer Permenente has a program called "Silver Sneakers " where it pays for swimming, workouts, etc. at certain centers for mature people.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kaizer Permenente has a program called "Silver Sneakers " where it pays for swimming, workouts, etc. at certain centers for mature people.
Good to know that bobm. I should have convinced my husband to switch to Kaizer this past open season. I bet the places are very limited. I would be happy if they even paid half of my membership!

Mary

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
She is my inspiration!

yoga_grandma.jpg

I don't know her, just found the image when I was looking for something else!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, that looks like Carmina Del'orefice, the world's oldest active working model.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This has to be just about the lowest-key athlete around these parts, Spokane's:

Sister Madonna, Iron(man) Nun - World Record Triathlon at age 82 (link).

No, you won't find her selling her own line of "supplements." I don't know how she could have given fewer media interviews.

Hoping that Sister Madonna would approve, I will try to be less-judgmental, more upbeat and helpful in 2014.

Steve

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I laughed out loud at the "Iron nun" nickname. Good for her!

I thought about trying to get more organized till my MIL pointed out a sigh that read "Organization is for people who are too lazy to get up & look for something"

That's EXACTLY how I feel about that! :lol:

I don't have any other resolutions other than to try like heck to get my English & sugar snap peas in this year & not miss the planting time like I have in the past. Just get so busy at that time I end up missing it.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Old enough, I quit. Making them and not keeping them made me feel bad. Soooooooo, I don't make them any more. If I want to do something, I do. If I don't do it, I didn't want to anyway.

Latest posts