New Year resolutions for 2014

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know how on special occasions we do things, or cook things, or whatever and someone always says 'Why don't we do this some other time besides { } ?" Well I'm gonna!
I'm gonna make Christmas cookies whenever I dang well feel like it.
I'm gonna roast a turkey to celebrate 3rd Tuesdays with full moons.
I'm gonna go on the short little day trips that I've been waiting for schedules to work out for someone to go with me.
I'm gonna paint the den at midnight if the mood strikes me.
And I'm gonna stop caring WHO thinks I'm nuts..... cause people who let chickens sit on their heads probably shouldn't worry about it.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hahaha, canesisters that gave me a good laugh, thanks!

So...i really don't think i've ever made a New Years resolution before. My theory was, any day is as good as the next to start something, so i would choose to start a resolution any day of the year.

But this year I have a New Years resolution. 2 workouts of at least an hour, every week. I have a gym membership, i have cross country skis, and we have a bike trainer at home so...should be easy right? Heh. I did get the bike and bike trainer out of the garage today (no mean feat, its like sardines in there with hubbys car (1st car to ever fit in our garage, BTW.)). Unfortunately the road bike has its knobby tires on, and BOY that is really not fun on a trainer. So mechanic husband will have to fix that this weekend. And then HE can ride the bike trainer too and try and budge some of those extra pounds! :D

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Agree w/Cane. Not really fond of Xmas cookies so don't even make them at Xmas.
We eat roast Turkey whenever we find it on sale, regardless of month.
Day trips are the very best.
I'm gonna paint only when forced to.........
Shorten it to "people shouldn't worry about it" if it isn't hurting anyone else.

Go for it!!!!!!

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good for you Cane it's how I've been living & it's much more relaxing once you quit carrying what others think.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you seen the commercial on TV where the cute kid says he has a "New Years Revolution?" He is going to try and eat more jelly beans for this revolt! I am joining that club- more jelly beans for all!! Happy New Year!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know how on special occasions we do things, or cook things, or whatever and someone always says 'Why don't we do this some other time besides { } ?" Well I'm gonna!
I'm gonna make Christmas cookies whenever I dang well feel like it.
I'm gonna roast a turkey to celebrate 3rd Tuesdays with full moons.
I'm gonna go on the short little day trips that I've been waiting for schedules to work out for someone to go with me.
I'm gonna paint the den at midnight if the mood strikes me.
And I'm gonna stop caring WHO thinks I'm nuts..... cause people who let chickens sit on their heads probably shouldn't worry about it.

Yeah! I'm right behind ya! How many years have dh and I said "we should --------" and just never make time for it? This is the year for more spontaneity!

@NwMtGardener....I had to buy a smooth tire for my rear wheel too....

Latest posts