new yorker tomato

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:weee:celebrateLook what came in the mail this afternoon....
DSCN7143.JPG

Thanks a bunch Alex, and thanks for asking, had another MRI last week, phone call from my oncologist yesterday. Seems I'm holding my own, another MRI in 2 months :fl.

Will be starting a few NYer seeds in about 20 minutes, hoping an early start will keep me up with the rest of you. Making curry sauce right now, once I have that simmering on the stove I can get the old fingers dirty.

Annette

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Every little boy secretly wants to use his sisters easy bake oven NOT me

no easy bake oven for me, personally got into culinary , because<hate to say this mom could not cook>... at 31 became a executive chef heres basically what i got to play with... yes had a great crew.
mine.jpg

HmooseK

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@aftermidnight
Love the packaging on The New Yorker.

I didn't realize you were still having to be stuck in a toilet paper tube for tests. I hate them Dadgum things. Bless you! I know you'll beat it, but I hate you are having to endure this.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I put a few NYer's in damp paper towel in a little container/bottom heat Feb.22, so far of the 6 I started with 3 germinated and are now potted in a 6-pack, nothing from the other 3 so put a couple more on, I only want 4 or 5 plants. The ones that are up are having trouble losing their seed coats so they've been getting the spit treatment. The seedlings look a little wimpy but momma here will baby them along :). I use a good seed starting mix when first planting up, it has enough nutrients in it to see seedling through to their first set of true leaves, then I'll pot them up in some of the good stuff and head them out to the greenhouse. I'm looking forward to trying this new to me tomato. Now to get the other tomatoes I want to grow this year started.

Annette

Latest posts