new yorker tomato

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Be very careful in the 'hardening off' process... that's when I kill off most of what I manage to get sprouted.
What worked for me this year was to carry them out and put them UNDER the picnic table for a day. Then back inside for a few days. Back and forth as I had time for a week. Then out under the table to stay with chairs propped up to provide filtered afternoon sun for a few days. THEN, up on the table (still under the trees though). A couple days later.. no one dead.. out in the garden they went. :fl

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am impressed that they have three trusses on each plant and the plants are still only about 12" high. And, that they are setting fruit even though our night temperatures are in the 40s. So far, so good.
Jack

New Yorker Trusses.jpg

Titan Farm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Heh, Heh, Heh, I might be behind you guys, but I'm sneaking up, I've got flowers. By the way is this a cherry or larger tomato?
View attachment 26179
I guess it's time to start feeding them.

Annette

If your referring to the New Yorker tomato, there a "standard" tomato. Average fruit size is 4 to 6 oz and the New Yorker is said to resemble the Earliana tomato which is in the pedigree of the New Yorker.
The New Yorker is a (Geneva 11 x Rhode Island) x Fireball cross.

Latest posts