new yorker tomato

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Behind is still waiting for seed to germinate in garden from direct sowing. That’s my world.

You can direct sow tomatoes and have enough season to harvest them?
No way that would work here.
I hope they hurry up and sprout, you know who will be crowing about his ripe ones any day now, haha.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope they hurry up and sprout, you know who will be crowing about his ripe ones any day now, haha.

be a week till I get a look at the progress of those 10,000 dollars a day winners....
Dw said we have had 3” since Wednesday and a good chance everyday all next week...

Last edited:

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score

:gig

Put my NYers out in the garden today. We'll see how they measure up against my big ol' pink Brandywines, Yellow Stripeys and German Johnson tomatoes.

Question...are they determinate or indeterminate?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mine have been in the ground for a week tomorrow.
I haven't picked any ripe tomatoes off them yet, but when I tell them that Major will give us $10,000 a day I'm sure they will be motivated to hurry it up and get on the fast track. Or at least squeeze out a bloom or two.

Maybe I misunderstood....

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Behind is still waiting for seed to germinate in garden from direct sowing. That’s my world.
I'm wondering if I should try direct sowing next year. I had a volunteer come up in a pot that I had top dressed with compost. That volunteer is now as big as the starts I planted almost 2 months ago and has blooms. It's a potatoe leaf so I'm hoping it's my favorite, Japanese Black Triefle.

Mary

Latest posts